Complaint Review: C. Bean Transport

• Submitted: Mon, June 04, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, May 14, 2009

• Reported By:sherman Texas
C. Bean Transport
7501 Jenny Lind Rd. Ft. Smith, Arkansas U.S.A.

C Bean Transport Ripoff C Bean demands drivers run illegally or quit dirtbag dispatchers does not pay, kept money on comdata card Ft. Smith Arkansas

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I also worked for those beotches at Bean

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Robert I also worked there!!

I worked for C. Bean for about six weeks. The first 2 weeks everything was OK. After that my dispatcher, "Chad", started demanding that I drive illegally. He even put it on the qual/com insisting that I take a load even though I told him I could not because of out of hours rules. So I faxed them my resignation. Directly after this they closed my comdata card so that I could not fuel or the rest of my pay out of the card.
They owe me over $1300 in pay.

While I was at their orientation a flatbed driver came in mad as hell because they did not pay him over $1000 in pay owed to him. I should have walked out then.

This company fines you $50 for 'service failures' (late deliveries) thats why they demand that you deliver even when your hours of service are used up.

One time I was late because of hours of service regulations, Totton Zarwell and Judith Barkett threatened me with a $100 fine for failure to communicate with them. I was under a brokered load and was told to communicate directly with the broker not with them.

These companies like the restrictive hours of service rules very well. No driver can do the job under these rules, so like me they eventually quit and give up. Then these companies start screaming to the government that there is a servere shortage of drivers so that we can be replaced by Mexican drivers. Then they can take advantage of the Mexicans thru non payment of wages, exceptionally low wages, really bad equipment , etc.

This is one of the worst companies I have ever worked for!!!!!

Robert
Sherman, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2007 12:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/C-Bean-Transport/Ft-Smith-Arkansas-72908/C-Bean-Transport-Ripoff-C-Bean-demands-drivers-run-illegally-or-quit-dirtbag-dispatchers-d-252184. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on C. Bean Transport

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I also worked for those beotches at Bean

AUTHOR: Legalmindedman - (U.S.A.)

This company lies to you, steals your money and then threatens you with negative DAC reporting if you do not bow to them. I have lost over 1000 dollars to them over the past 14 months. I took this job because I was unemployed. They promise you the moon and the stars but deliver the pits of hell. Their Safety rating is over 75 which is a RED FLAG to DOT. If you work for this company, I highly recommend that you keep miticulous records and have someone Verify your pay sheet every week. Otherwise you will be out the money. The President of the Company has never driven a truck, the Safety Manager will yell at you, the Operations Manager will avoid your phone calls if you have problems and the dispatchers are a joke. Whether you are desperate for a job or not, I would highly recommend that you do not work for these people. The are a disgrace to the Trucking Profession. Stay safe, stay informed.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Robert I also worked there!!

AUTHOR: Douglas - (U.S.A.)

Robert I also worked there for six months on the van division before transfering to the flat division.Just like in your case I was forced to run beyond my hrs of service until I refused to do so then I got hardly any miles at all like 1700 to 1900 miles a week well as of 6/11/07 i resigned from the company.But as in your case if he put that on the qualcom then u need to hire a lawyer cause you have a case,then you need to call and turn them into dot.Cause companies like this need to stop treating drivers like they dont matter and start treating us with some respect that we deserve because if it wasnt for us they would go under!!!Also robert I need for you to contact me either via e-mail or yahoo messenger!My id is jadedtxcowboy@yahoo.com and I hope to hear from you because I can give you some info and I'm from sherman texas as well as you!