Complaint Review: C & L Construction

• Updated: Tue, April 09, 2013

• Reported By: Bobby Blue Mound — Blue Mound Illinois
C & L Construction
795 E Lincoln Decatur, Illinois United States of America

C & L Construction failed to fix my leaky roof and now will not honor their warranty, they are from Decatur, Illinois

*Author of original report: Chris promised refund of $100 but never makes good on it, yet another lie

I hired them to fix a leak in my roof that was causing drywall damage.  It took them 3 days and after many phone calls to actually make it out to my house.  They charged me $150 and gave me their word they would come back out if it still leaked. Also on the receipt is shows a 2 year warranty on all work.  Their word and their warranty are worthless.  After one week we noticed it was still leaking after we got some snow.  I called them several times to come back out and fix it correctly.  They have been ignoring my calls and voicemails.  They will not back their work up, and the warranty is absolutely worthless.  This company is full of lies and broken promises.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2013 09:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/C-L-Construction/Decatur-Illinois-62521/C-L-Construction-failed-to-fix-my-leaky-roof-and-now-will-not-honor-their-warranty-the-1039676. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on C & L Construction

Chris promised refund of $100 but never makes good on it, yet another lie

AUTHOR: Bobby Blue Mound - ()

After many more calls and voice mails I finally reached Chris to ask why he hasn't responded to us.  He told me he was too busy for my little $150 job.  I was not pleased with this so I demanded a refund.  Chris hung up on me.  A few moments later I get a text message saying he is going to send me a $100 refund.  I replyed, mail me a check for $100 and that will satisfy me.  Several days later no check in the mail.  I text Chris to ask where it was at. He said he mailed it.  This turned out to be yet another lie. There is no check. There never was. There never will be.  Shortly after Chris txt me and said it was mailed, he txt me and told me he was going to file a police report on me for online harassment.   Then he repeatedly txt me and told me if I mess with his job he's going to mess with mine.

I have left some negative reviews, all completely true.  I mean there was a giant hole in my ceiling leaking in water and Chris refused to address it even after paying him to do so.Chris is an absolute nightmare to try and reason with.  He's full of lies and when you call him out he gets angry and starts with these threats of calling the police and causing trouble where I work and such.

His attitude is despicable.  This is the most unprofessional person I have ever dealt with.