Complaint Review: C R England

• Updated: Sun, November 22, 2009

• Reported By: Charlie — Springfield Missouri USA
C R England
4701 West 2100 South Salt Lake City, Utah United States of America

C R England Rip off of leased operators, lease you junk equipment unless you sign a 3 year lease. Salt Lake City, Utah

I went to CREngland for a job thinking they were a reputable company to work for.
Boy was I wrong.  I was told when I called them that I could run solo as a company
driver, when I arrived at CRE for orientation they said the only way I could run solo
was to lease a truck from them or run team with another driver quite possibly a new
driver out of their school with no experience, (no thanks). I leased a truck from them
for a 6 month lease with 291,000 miles on it.  About 2 weeks into my lease I broke
down, was down for almost 2 weeks costing me $850.00 in motel bills and all this lost
time. They would not help me out on these expenses. After I got back on the road
again I could not get enough miles to make up for the time I lost, but CRE did not care,
they continued taking the truck and insurance payments plus the 22 1/2 cpm for the
different slush funds they had, therefore you did not get any take home pay. Your net
pay always was a minus figure oweing them. I tried to talk to their leasing department
but they could care less. OOIDA`s lawyers finally made a deal with CRE that we could
turn our trucks in with no penalty or payments, so I turned my truck in at their Burns
Harbor, In. terminal. I have not heard from them since. This has been 52 days ago,
they were supposed to contact me within 45 days for a final settlement. To all the
new drivers wanting to lease a truck from CRE, DONT, it is a big scam and you are the
one who will end up getting screwed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2009 10:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/C-R-England/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84120/C-R-England-Rip-off-of-leased-operators-lease-you-junk-equipment-unless-you-sign-a-3-ye-527181. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on C R England