Complaint Review: C. R. England

• Submitted: Fri, March 27, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, April 05, 2009

• Reported By:pinckneyville Illinois
C. R. England
Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

C. R. England C. R. Ruined my career! Salt Lake City Utah

*Consumer Comment: get a class action suit against these crooks...

*Consumer Suggestion: Thank you for your story that stopped me from Hiring on with CR England

I worked for England under their lease purchase program. At first they told me the best way to make money was to drive as a team. I found a driver willing to team with me. Just a few weeks later that driver quit because england could not provide us with team loads. As a solo driver i tried to make ends meat. A few months later there was a mix up with a load and it was postponed for 3 days. England could not find me another load. By the time I managed to get out from this deadlock on the load i had spent 11 days in TX with a mere 900 miles. England refused to compensate me for my time and cost spent to survive. Shortly there after i had some maintenance issues with a truck i had leased less than 3 mos prior. Again England would not help in the compensation of time or money spent. The last 3 mos I worked for england I recieved one pay settlement in the possitive for a mere $541. I did all i could to survive. I wiped out my savings, checking, and tax accts trying to provide for my family. I asked England for a small advance to support my family. In addtion I would try teaming again to pay back the borrowed money. England refused to advance any amout of funds and left me completely broke. I told them that I could no longer drive for them and i wanted to turn in my truck. They insisted that i must return the truck to salt lake but would have charged me for the fuel, and any other expenses for the return trip. Also they informed me that by quitting I would have to provide my own transportation home. I did not have enough money for my next lunch, and had no way to aquire the funds. I returned the truck to englands terminal in St. Louis, MO and informed them that i could not make it any farther. Yet they still despite my many efforts to do right by them left me high and dry. They reported my truck abondoned as if I left on the side of the road and will not even give a good reference as to my record of on time loads, times that i took loads from other driver to save the load and reputation of the company. I devoted myself to the company and went above and beyond what I was hired to do. The only thing that kept me from quitting long before I did is that i had a great dispatcher who tried everything in his power to help me in my fight. However, more often than not England tied his hands too. Now I am looking for employment again, and England has made all the right moves to ensure that I never drive again.

Worm96367
pinckneyville, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2009 09:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/C-R-England/Salt-Lake-City-Utah/C-R-England-C-R-Ruined-my-career-Salt-Lake-City-Utah-438199. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on C. R. England

get a class action suit against these crooks...

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

there are too many people with true stories to let these people get away with this shameful exploitation.

get an employment lawyer and sue these people in a class action because that is the only way they will STOP!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Thank you for your story that stopped me from Hiring on with CR England

AUTHOR: William L - (U.S.A.)

I was Cleared for Hire For CR England, But after reading all the Horror Storys On this website, I have changed My Mind, The Ripoffs, the "Group Motel" the "Boot Camp" are all a bunch of B.S. created by The Company, I was not believing anything at first, but I spent 3 hours reading the Reports and too many storys were repeating themselves for me not to believe.