Complaint Review: C and J Family Auto Repair

• Reported By: David L — Bangor Pennsylvania
C and J Family Auto Repair
847 Sandwich Rd Sagamore, Massachusetts United States of America

C and J Family Auto Repair Fraud Sagamore, Massachusetts

*Author of original report: C & J - Flat out lying!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: C and J Family Auto Repair in Sagamore, MA

I was told that I was purchasing an OEM alternator.  No mention of used, rebuilt or otherwise ever took place.  I was misled from the start as the alternator is rebuilt.  The car broke down only six weeks later and had to be repaired by another shop.  C & J refuses to refund my money so I had to report them to the BBB and the Consumer Protection Agency.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2013 10:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/C-and-J-Family-Auto-Repair/Sagamore-Massachusetts-02561/C-and-J-Family-Auto-Repair-Fraud-Sagamore-Massachusetts-1036684. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on C and J Family Auto Repair

C & J - Flat out lying!

AUTHOR: David L - ()

I can tell you that I have a third party opinion stating the alternator appears to have come from a salvage yard.  It is in that bad of a condition.  I also have the invoice between C&J and his parts vendor AUTOPART International and this part is NOT brand new as stated by C&J Auto.  See attachments.  Bottom line: use someone else for your auto repair needs.

You can also check the Consumer Complaint Agency information below.

Apr 5, 2013 - Case #2052127018 Successfully

Archived. The party/organization has been officially censured by the Consumer Complaint Agency (CCA) and a negative designation has been filed in permanent CCA records.

goto: http://www.consumercomplaintagency.org/ and enter case number shown above.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

C and J Family Auto Repair in Sagamore, MA

AUTHOR: C and J Family Auto Repair - ()

We are a small family owned business that takes great pride in treating our customers fairly.  We have earned a reputation for being honest and doing the right thing by our customer.  It is very upsetting that anyone can lodge a complaint and try to tarnish the reputation we have worked so hard to build.

This customer is claiming that we provided a rebuilt/used alternator to repair his vehicle and as result the vehicle broke down 6 weeks later and had to be repaired by another shop.  He therefore does not want to pay for services provided in June 2012 by our shop.  Documentation, including the customer invoice and credit card sales receipt with the customers signature along with a copy of the parts bill from my parts vendor listing the alternator that was purchased and replaced in the customers vehicle, was provided to my credit card merchant in October 2012 in response to a complaint the customer filed wanting a refund of the total invoice.

The replacement alternator I used was BRAND NEW from my parts vendor.  The customer was told that if he felt the part was faulty, he would need to return the car to my shop where I would have taken the faulty alternator out, replaced it with a good alternator and put in a claim with my parts vendor when I returned the faulty alternator to them.  The customer did not return the so-called faulty alternator and I therefore have no recourse with my parts vendor to obtain a refund.

My credit card merchant has reviewed all the facts and determined the charge was valid and has not refunded the customer which is why, in my opinion, he has taken this course of action to try and tarnish the reputation of my business.