Complaint Review: C1 Truck Driver Training

• Submitted: Fri, September 07, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, June 08, 2009

• Reported By:Forreston Illinois
C1 Truck Driver Training
150 Humboldt Ave. St. Louis, Missouri U.S.A.

C1 Truck Driver Training Sent to C1 with job offers and then sent home St. Louis Missouri

*Consumer Comment: Nonsense!

*Consumer Comment: Nonsense!

*Consumer Comment: Training

I called drivers solutions and inquired about a truck driving school at which time the told me about C1 truck driver training. I decided to go to the C1 truck driver training in St. Louis, MO.

When i left for C1 i had been told that i had two job offers, one from USA Truck, and the other one from P.A.M. Transport.

When i arrived at C1 i did the one week of classroom and passed my physical, drug screen, and permit test and received my permit. In my second week i had orientation for USA truck and went through all of the information that was givin and filled out all neccasary paperwork.

I was called to the office a few hours later and given a job offer from USA upon completion of the school and obtaining my CDL. I was then called back up to the office not even an hour later and told to call someone at USA Truck.

I called them and they informed me that some part of my application didn't meet their hiring criteria and that i was being dropped from the program. If they have had this information at Drivers solutions and C1 for over 2 weeks now you would think that they would have found this out already.

When i called USA the next day that said that they were dropping my for a better qualified applicant and that my application didn't meet their hiring requirements and that was all that they had to tell my.

I then called C1 back and they basically told me the same thing. I then proceeded to call the BBB(Better Business Burua), the state of MO, attorney general, and the MO, state DOT (Department of Transportation and inform them of the situation at which they all said that they would look into the situation.

When i called Drivers solutions they stated to me that once we are placed in a school they have nothing further to do with us. If you are sending someone somewhere, wouldn't you atleast want a report on how they are doing?

Now they are going to try and bill me for the time that i was in school and all the other expenses occured in my nearly 2 week stay. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!!

Beware of the companies listed above as i have heard several stories with similar results.

Dan
Forreston, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2007 10:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/C1-Truck-Driver-Training/St-Louis-Missouri/C1-Truck-Driver-Training-Sent-to-C1-with-job-offers-and-then-sent-home-St-Louis-Missouri-273042. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on C1 Truck Driver Training

Nonsense!

AUTHOR: Eleven - (U.S.A.)

PAM/DECKER or USA have nothing to do with this.
This is about C1 and only C1. This school is total garbage. It's a money making scam for the owner, and nothing more. Drivers are ill prepared for the road, but they have paid their tuition, that's all that matters.

I drive semi, and I tell you from the heart, I am frightened to see what they turn out at C1. The owner (which likes to stay hidden I might add) is only in this for the money. Stay away!!!!!!!!!!!

Nonsense!

AUTHOR: Eleven - (U.S.A.)

PAM/DECKER or USA have nothing to do with this.

Training

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

Note first that P.A.M. has their own truck driver training program.

As far as USA Truck is concerned, there does not appear to be a lot of negative information that exists about them, but that does not mean they do not have issues.

From the complaint information, it appears that the training school liaison and USA recruiter had a difference of opinion regarding the application. This particular issue is not uncommon as current students and recent graduates are promised jobs and not advised about certain criteria a perspective employer may have. No one would want to be told: "We found somebody better than you."

Whether the BBB would do anything to scrutinize USA is another question since the BBB obtains funds from companies that subsribe to it, so how objective could they be?

With regard to monitoring, most training schools or companies that recruit for other companies do not historically follow the careers of drivers. They operate by the principal: "A warm body in hand to hold the wheel."

The author may want to consider applying to a local well-known company instead of a large nation-wide company.