Complaint Review: C2C Resources

• Updated: Tue, December 29, 2009

• Reported By: C Roth — Los Angeles California USA
C2C Resources

C2C Resources Harassing Me Internet

*General Comment: OP, ask the Agency to PROVE they have a copyright on the image

What Do I Do?

On September 21, 2009, I get a phone call from a very rude Glenn Fourmaux. He states that he is a civil investigator and is attempting to find out my net worth for a pending law suit. Since I was not aware of any lawsuits... I became very suspicious. In fact, if you go on line, many people complain about him... and indicate that he is associated with a variety of scams. He mentions a Lori Clark at C2C Resources who can answer my questions.

On September 23, 2009, I call Lori and she mentions that there is a picture on my website that Phototake owns the rights to and that I needed to pay for this ... plus penalties. On the same day, I receive an email from Carlton Wilkerson of Phototake. He writes that usage of the image is prohibited without consent and unauthorized usage constitutes a copyright infringement. We are requesting payment for past usage on your website.

SOME HISTORY: Several years ago I hired a guy to put together a very simple website for my chiropractic practice. And then more recently, I hired a company to greatly improve the site. They used some of the original images from the old site. I do not know how these images were originally chosen or how they were obtained. The image in question was extremely unimportant to the site. It was an illustration of an inflamed plantar fascia ligament on the sole of the left foot.

HELP ME. I am being harassed by C2C Resources. They are threatening me on a regular basis and are now saying I owe $2000. I just received another letter dated December 21, 2009. Lorri Clark states that since I have failed to satisfy the outstanding balance owed to Phototake, Inc., they are in the process of evaluating my current assets and liabilities so that they can advise their client of their collection options.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2009 06:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/C2C-Resources/internet/C2C-Resources-Harassing-Me-Internet-546520. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on C2C Resources

#1 General Comment

OP, ask the Agency to PROVE they have a copyright on the image

AUTHOR: IamGood - (USA)

OP:

This is not really a scam.  It sounds like C2C was hired by PhotoTake because your web site uses photo's that they have ownership of.

If they really own this photo, then they are within their rights to demand payment.

Tell C2C you want their client to prove they own the picture.  If they prove ownership, then you will have to pay.  They will probably sue you if you dont.