Complaint Review: CA - Computer Associates

• Submitted: Tue, December 25, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, December 25, 2007

• Reported By:CC California
CA - Computer Associates
PO Box 540028, El Paso, Texas U.S.A.

CA - Computer Associates CA Associates Rebate RIPOFF -Missing Proof of Competitive Upgrade SCAM El Paso TX

I am SURE I am not the only victim of this scam from CA Associates (formerly Computer Associates Internet Security Suite). Sadly, I had to get burned TWICE before I decided to fight back and really start making problems.

I bought their junk software from Tigerdirect.com (who won't help and couldn't care less that they help the rip off!) only because it came with a "FREE 2GB COMPACT FLASH DRIVE".

The rebate stated I needed to send in a "screen shot" print of my current anti virus software / license (Kaspersky) along with a copy of my invoice and original UPC. I DID!

Weeks later I got a post card stating that my rebate was INVALID because I did not provide proof of a "competitive product". So O took another screenshot of my license and sent it in again with the post card as instructed.

STILL NOTHING!

When I check, the only thing I get is it telling me my rebate is INVALID.

The first time it cost me $40, this time it was $45.
Isn't there some class action suits already working for this!?!?!? I am sure I am not alone on this!

HELP!!!!

FYI, the rebate states this:
Provide proof of purchase of a competitive version of a CA recognized security product from McAfee, Symantec, Trendmicro, Webroot, Lavasoft, Intermute, FBM or other manufacturer\recognized CA competitor. (MINE WAS KASPERSKY ANTIVIRUS)Send copy of original invoice or a print screen of the Help/About screen (see below for instructions). http://www.carebatecenter.com

Nonsheep
CC, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/25/2007 01:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CA-Computer-Associates/El-Paso-Texas/CA-Computer-Associates-CA-Associates-Rebate-RIPOFF-Missing-Proof-of-Competitive-Upgrade-294332. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CA - Computer Associates