Complaint Review: CA DMV

• Updated: Wed, September 21, 2011

• Reported By: Bryan — Anaheim California United States of America
CA DMV
Sacramento, California United States of America

CA DMV The DMV screwed me too! I received my citation 1 week "after" their 30 day grace period!!! Sacramento, California

*Consumer Comment: Your fault

*Consumer Comment: You can't keep tabs on your registration?

I received a copy of my renewal registration post marked Aug 30, 2011 stating that my renewal was due in July....  How are you going to send me a renewal that is over 30 days PAST my renewal date!!!   This is absolutely ridiculous!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2011 02:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CA-DMV/Sacramento-California-/CA-DMV-The-DMV-screwed-me-too-I-received-my-citation-1-week-after-their-30-day-grace-779588. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CA DMV

Your fault

AUTHOR: Susan - (USA)

Your plates expire the same month every year. If you need a reminder letter, you should look into when your car was due for an oil change.

You can't keep tabs on your registration?

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

You don't know when your registration is due?  You can't track this yourself?  The State has to send you a reminder?  I guess all those computers and smart phones just can't do it.

I learned years ago not to trust the state for anything that I am responsible for.  I track my vehicle registrations and if necessary I contact DMV if I don't get a renewal in the mail 2 months before it is due.

Same for income taxes.  I don't wait for the State or the Fed and you shouldn't rely on them-track it yourself and save yourself the grief.