Complaint Review: CA Dept. of Child Support - Santa Cruz county

• Updated: Sun, May 08, 2011

• Reported By: NathansMommy — Boulder Creek California United States of America
CA Dept. of Child Support - Santa Cruz county
420 May Avenue Santa Cruz, California United States of America

CA Dept. of Child Support - Santa Cruz county Alma Ruiz - case worker crooked, illegal, switched, deadbeat, drug abuser, government cash aid Santa Cruz, California

*Consumer Comment: BLAME WHO????

I am a single parent of an almost 6 year old son. His father has never had custody or visitation and has not attempted to see him in over a year. I have of course had a child support case open this whole time as I struggle financially. Up until late last year we were living because of food stamps and state MediCal. his father has never made a single payment to me and is a practicing drug user. recently a county worker named ALMA RUIZ whom is a case worker for Santa Cruz county contacted me threatening that if I didn't sign a document agreeing to 0$ a month child support from my sons father I would be forced to miss work and go to court.

She explained to me that since he is living off of county cash aid his income is too low for him to be liable for child support, and told me that if I did force the issue to court I would lose. She mailed me the documents and I reluctantly signed. I've never received any money so I did not see what difference it would make. The forms that I signed were dated 4/1/2011. She called me this past Friday, May 6 2011, and said that she had made an error on the paperwork with the date so that it read no child support owed as of 4/1/2001, which would erase all back fines owed for my ex, and that she would be sending me a new corrected copy to sign.

I was furious and left her a voice-mail saying not to mail me anything else and from this point forward we would just have to go to court. Today I checked my mail and as it turns out she filed the paper work with the incorrect date and is now demanding I sing a form saying that my ex is not liable for health insurance for my son either. This woman is a crooked case worker and people like her are why our state in nearly bankrupt. The paper I signed said 4/1/2011 - I CHECKED. She changed the form. The form filed with the 4/1/2001 does not have my signature on it anywhere, and the page I signed is stapled to the back of it.

This woman is helping a drug addict live off of hard working citizens taxes and claim no accountability for his child. His two older children, who have a different mother, were both adopted out because of his addiction. I really hope that this makes any tax paying citizen as angry as it makes me. Although I have decided to proceed with terminating my ex's parental rights and closing this case I still plan on doing everything within my power to make people aware of how the program in this county is being run and the types of people working there.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2011 08:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CA-Dept-of-Child-Support-Santa-Cruz-county/Santa-Cruz-California-95060/CA-Dept-of-Child-Support-Santa-Cruz-county-Alma-Ruiz-case-worker-crooked-illegal-sw-727106. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CA Dept. of Child Support - Santa Cruz county

BLAME WHO????

AUTHOR: jetames - (USA)

You are blaming everyone except yourself - the social support system and the father of your child.

The mistake started when you had UNPROTECTED SEX with a deadbeat, drug-user.

Women get pregnant ONLY when they WANT to get pregnant.  You became pregnant because you wanted to get pregnant.
I have no sympathy for YOU.

Note that I am not passing moral judgment you can screw as many men as you like.  Just dont be stupid and produce more children children that tax-paying citizens have to support.

Forcing Santa Cruz County to go to court to have this matter (YOUR MISTAKE!) adjudicated is going to cost the tax payers even more money!  What the hell are you thinking???

Regrettably, your irresponsible behavior produced a son who now grows up in sub-standard housing, with no doubt, a sub-standard education and will likely continue the cycle of poverty and living off the public dole.

Unfortunately, you have forced every tax payer in the USA to subsidize your chosen life style.