Complaint Review: CAA Insurance

• Updated: Wed, August 29, 2012

• Reported By: Phil — calgary Alberta Canada
CAA Insurance
203-20 York Mills Road, Toronto, Charlotte, Ontario United States of America

CAA Insurance AMA Extended Auto Warranty ,INDS Canada Corp., Warranty Direct I purchased an extended warrannty in Sept 2011 from these companies and they didn't cover any of my claims. Toronto, Charlotte, Ontario

*UPDATE Employee: Our Canada contracts have a $60 cancel fee

I purchased an extended warranty in Sept 2011 from CAA Auto of Toronto, INDS Canada Corp of Toronto and Warrantty Direct Of Charlotte, NC. They charged my CIBC Visa account $1029.00.   They would not cover any claims I had so I cancelled the policy.  They said they had a 20% cancellation fee, after many, many calls they reluctantly returned $663.51 on May 23 2012.   I have not been able to get the balance of the promised amount of $190.61 ever since.  I have called every company mentioned, nobody called me back.  When I did get somebody they told me to call the other cpmpanies to get the money returned.  I wrote a letter to CAA Insurance on June 26th 2012, I have not heard back.  I  called CIBC Visa around May 15th  they told me there was nothing they could do.  When I called back Aug 15th they said the time to lodge a refund was past, So you can see that they don't offer any help regardless of what they advertise.  I hope people read this and see that these companies, no matter what they say will not return money once they have it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2012 01:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CAA-Insurance/Toronto-Charlotte-Ontario-/CAA-Insurance-AMA-Extended-Auto-Warranty-INDS-Canada-Corp-Warranty-Direct-I-purchased-a-927749. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CAA Insurance

Our Canada contracts have a $60 cancel fee

AUTHOR: Warranty Direct - (USA)

A 20% cancellation fee is not correct.

Please provide your contract #, year make and model and customer service will investigate.

Our Canada contracts have a $60 cancel fee.