Complaint Review: CAAS Consumer Award Advisory Service

• Submitted: Sun, April 24, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, April 24, 2005

• Reported By:casselberry Florida
CAAS Consumer Award Advisory Service
PO Box 36999 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.
  • Phone: 702-648-1837
  • Web:
  • Category: Lottery

CAAS, Consumer Award Advisory Service ripoff make believe prize award of $525,439.00 turns out to be a scam. Las Vegas Nevada

I received this same letter as these other individuals and just like them I too enter numerous amounts of sweepstakes, so you can imagine the excitement that over came my wife and I.

Unfortunately we were so excited that we sent a check for the $21.95 and did not stop to think why should we have to send money if we just won this large amount of money. Needless to say I came on this site and started looking to see if this company was a legitimate company, turns out they are not. Man did I feel like a sucker. I have tried to put a stop payment on the check and get charged the $30.00 fee which turns out more than the actual amount of the check, however I'd rather lose the money knowing that I stopped these crooks from getting any money out of my family!

I just hope I caught the check before it get's cashed otherwise I'll be out $51.95. To all of those out there throw away those mailings that claim you have won a ton of money but you must send in a processing fee. Once you see that yoou know it definitely is a scam. Reason is because if you won the lottery or any kind of sweepstakes the only monies you will have to pay out are your taxes to the government not to the agency who had the sweepstakes. I really hope that these individuals are caught and get what they deserve, a stiff penalty with a long prison term!! If ever a law suit arises from this I am definitely willing to jump on board with whom ever wishes to seek justice from this!!

Sergio
Orlando, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2005 07:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CAAS-Consumer-Award-Advisory-Service/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89133/CAAS-Consumer-Award-Advisory-Service-ripoff-make-believe-prize-award-of-52543900-turns-140153. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CAAS Consumer Award Advisory Service