Complaint Review: CABLEVISION TRIPLEPLAY DEAL

• Submitted: Wed, May 13, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, May 13, 2009

• Reported By:edison New Jersey
CABLEVISION TRIPLEPLAY DEAL
optimum.com/ New York, New York U.S.A.
  • Phone: 973-398-5757
  • Web:
  • Category: Cable TV

CABLEVISION TRIPLEPLAY DEAL First 3 month free when switch from other service + cash back for early termination of other services Cablevision Systems Corp. New York New York

On March 30th , Michelle knocked on the door and offer the following deal

Sales executive details:
Ms.MICHELLE MESIS - (SALES ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE)
MMESIS@cablevision.com
CELL- 732 824 9995
FAX - 732 317 7015

Deal details: ( I have documented evidence of this deal)

New service signed up : Triple-play Service
Switched service Verizon and Dish network to cable vision. So offered Cash back $250:00 for early termination fee.
According to the promotion, you are providing the following benefits to me:
oTHREE months free service
oFree south Asian channels
oNo contracts
oNo installation or connection fees
oOne year price warranty.
oMonthly service charge after the third month: $96:60

I faxed all the documents that sales executive wanted in April and she confirmed that the deal is on.
After observing the first online bill (which is not $0.00 as expected), I called the cablevision customer service directly and notified this incident. Mr.Lenny mentioned the he will check and let us know. I even sent several online emails from optimum web site since April. I did not get any response to these at all.

Today the balance due they are claiming is $280:00 and this is going up as I am still using this service.

Cable / Internet Service quality is also terrible. During last 2 months my internet service brakes once down every 2 weeks. Service Technician visited my home at least FOUR times and I still have the issues.

Objective of complain:
1.This kind of fake deals should not happen. Sales guys may make money by signing up more new accounts. This looks like a scam to me.
2.I want to pay only for the deal I signed up for.
3.Cablevision customer report / tracking system are not yet all useful as they can not track back my calls /messages.
4.Cablevision Sales promo system is not properly implemented. Because of this civilians are effected

**** I ALSO COMPLAINED ON THIS WEB SITE ****

Thank you for contacting the FTC. Your complaint has been entered into Consumer Sentinel, a secure online database available to thousands of civil and criminal law enforcement agencies worldwide.

Your reference number is: 22733272

Here are links to the publications you may find useful:

If you want to update your information or have any questions, please call our Consumer Response Center, 1-877-FTC-HELP. Keep your reference number handy.

Ranga
edison, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2009 08:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CABLEVISION-TRIPLEPLAY-DEAL/New-York-New-York-11714/CABLEVISION-TRIPLEPLAY-DEAL-First-3-month-free-when-switch-from-other-service-cash-back-451653. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CABLEVISION TRIPLEPLAY DEAL