Complaint Review: CABRALES AUTO SERVICE

• Submitted: Fri, February 23, 2001
  • Updated: Fri, February 23, 2001

• Reported By:Chicago Ill
CABRALES AUTO SERVICE
8437 SO. COMMERCIAL Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

CABRALES Auto Service took our money and ruined our car!

We took our 1991 Chevy Cavalier to CABRALES Auto Service after the car overheated. Cabrales after test driving it said the head was cracked and it would have to be replaced at a cost of $550! I asked him if it would run as well as it did before this happened? (The car was hard to start and ran rough.) He said it will run better. So I told him to do it. He fixed it. The car ran well for about 3 to 4 weeks. And one night after stopping at a stop sign the car just cut off. The car wouldn't start. So the next day I called Cabrales and told him what happened. He towed the car back to his shop. I kept calling to see what they were doing because everyday I went by there the car was sittng in the back of their lot and hadn't moved. Then I went in to see how much longer it would be. He said there was low compression or something and he put some oil in the sparkplug holes and check back the next day. The next day (now 4 days later)the car was still in the back. It obviously had not been touched,I asked about the car he now said the engine was no good. I couldn't belive it! He wanted to avoid rectifing his own mistake at no charge. Not only that, He charged me $30 more for towing the car after it stopped from something they did! The car WAS running before we brought it to CABRALES!!! Now its not running at all and we are out $580.00.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CABRALES-AUTO-SERVICE/Chicago-Illinois-60617/CABRALES-Auto-Service-took-our-money-and-ruined-our-car-4529. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CABRALES AUTO SERVICE