Complaint Review: CAC Financial - Morgan & Associates

• Submitted: Mon, July 13, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, March 07, 2011

• Reported By:Norman Oklahoma
CAC Financial - Morgan & Associates
2601 N.W. Expressway, Suite 205 East Oklahoma City, Oklahoma U.S.A.

CAC Financial - Morgan & Associates Tried to get my money Oklahoma City Oklahoma

*Consumer Comment: This is a reputable company

I recently received calls from a woman going by "Anita Hill" claiming that I owe a company two thousand dollars from something they did back in 2007. All she knew was the company name and the amount. She did not know a phone number, what they may or may not have done to me or any other important information. I thought that was fishy, so I searched the name of the company that she had told me, and I could not find it anywhere...I believe she was trying to scam me, and I think that's really messed up.

Deuces
Norman, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2009 02:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CAC-Financial-Morgan-Associates/Oklahoma-City-Oklahoma-73112/CAC-Financial-Morgan-Associates-Tried-to-get-my-money-Oklahoma-City-Oklahoma-469180. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CAC Financial - Morgan & Associates

This is a reputable company

AUTHOR: Traci - (United States of America)

I looked up the company which you posted about.  I also cross referenced with the Better Business Bureau.

You must have not searched very well because Morgan and Assoc. / CAC Financial has been around for over 60 years according to their company profile and are located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.  It was a very simple search "CAC Financial (and) Morgan and Associates / Oklahoma City".

They are also listed with the Better Business Bureau and have an A+ rating, which is hard for a company these days. The company is a third party collector for accounts ranging from credit cards to hospital bills.  It is true that she may not have had detailed information regarding your account as some third party collectors only get a summary of the charges and must contact the original creditor to obtain an itemization.  I know this as I worked in collections for several years.  Additionally, you can't give a false name as a collector because it breaks the law, so if she said her name was Anita Hill, I can guarantee you that it was indeed her name.