• Submitted: Wed, August 08, 2012

• Reported By: ESM — PHOENIX Arizona United States of America
2606 W KNOWLES AVE MESA, Arizona United States of America

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Unreasonable Complaint

*Author of original report: Garage Door Issues still unresolved

I own a property in Arizona, and the garage door didn't work. My home warranty company contracted Cactus Garage Doors/Richard Harter to come out and repair the door by apparently replacing the circuit board; it worked for a day or so then stopped working.

I contacted them, and they came out again (after many calls by me and my warranty company), they finally came out again and told my renter that the garage door could not be repaired but never told me. Upon contacting them today, Cactus Garage claims now that a 'gear motor' needs to be replaced and would let us know when they could come out next. I heard nothing back and found out from the warranty company they never called for authorization to do the repair.

After many calls they FINALLY got the authorization. I learned from my warranty company they now want to replace the entire garage door opener! Whats next. Also, they are delaying this for another 2 days, and in the meanwhile the garage door is non function-able.

Cactus Garage, its owners and staff are in my opinion unreliable, undependable and I could NOT in good conscience recommend them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2012 01:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CACTUS-GARAGE-DOORS-INC-RICHARD-M-HARTER-OWNER/MESA-Arizona-85202/CACTUS-GARAGE-DOORS-INC-RICHARD-M-HARTER-OWNER-GARAGE-DOOR-REPAIR-ISSUES-MESA-Ar-924339. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CACTUS GARAGE DOORS INC., RICHARD M. HARTER - OWNER

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Unreasonable Complaint

AUTHOR: Rich Harter - (United States of America)

I have owned and operated Cactus Garage Doors Inc. for nearly 20 years and, if one takes the time to research our customer satisfaction record, it will be found that we have very high marks.

On 7.25.12 we went to this home and replaced a circuit board, which, at that time, solved the problem. We were contacted again on 8.6.12 about a problem and we scheduled a visit for the next day 8.7.12. We diagnosed the problem as a short in the unit. As this was a Thursday, and the paperwork wasn't returned to the office until Friday, that was when I called for authorization to install a new opener. Upon receiving the authorization I called and scheduled the install for Tuesday 8.14.12. Since this was a Friday, and Monday was already booked, we gave them the first available day. There was no unusual delay in processing this work order, simply a matter of getting it on our schedule. While I understand that there may have been some inconvenience, the door was still fully functional by hand. Each of our customers is important to us and we try our best to do a great job for all of them. To write this type of review shows a lack of understanding of how service companies work and an inflated view of their problem. He is even complaining that we wanted to replace the opener to correct the problem. What else could be done?

While I am truly sorry this landlord had issues with the garage door opener, I hope it is apparent from the timeline that we did all we could in a reasonably short period of time.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I really appreciate it.

Rich Harter
Cactus Garage Doors Inc

Garage Door Issues still unresolved

AUTHOR: ESM - (United States of America)

8/13/12 - Update - The garage door opener was replaced but now the new remote & keypad, does not work. Also, the new motor installed is far slower than the previous one but I am not sure why. I have requested from Mr. Harter to come and correct this, but have received no response. My warranty company, Fidelity, is now sending another garage door repair company to fix the problem.

I am filing a complaint with the Arizona Registrar of Contractors today.