Complaint Review: CAI Publishing

• Updated: Mon, November 08, 2010

• Reported By: Sharon — Port Orange Florida United States of America
CAI Publishing
807 Black Duck Drive Port Orange, Florida United States of America

CAI Publishing William A Cummins BEWARE! This man is a CROOK! I am the Author of the Universal Pet Passport and he is illegally selling my book on his website without paying me my royalty - DO NOT DO BUSINESS with this MAN! Very Cro Port Orange, Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Ben's Observation

*Consumer Comment: Response to #3

*General Comment: say what?

*Consumer Comment: Was that really necessary?

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: CAI Publishing

Buyers Beware!

CAI Publishing AKA William A.  (Bill) Cummins published MY book that  I Created and Authored and Copyrighted myself.

Do not use him or his self made publishing company. I have lost thousands of dollars by using him and he still will not take my book off his website.

I have not made any royalties on my book since I gave him proper 30 days notice to terminate the contract with him.

He was suppose to give me ALL materials back to me per my lawyers request and 6 months later I'm still waiting. I now have to take him to court on this matter and go nationally on this complaint.

I don't want others to be mislead by this scum-bag. I want to warn new Authors on this and to not trust William "Smiling Bill" Cummins!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2010 05:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CAI-Publishing/Port-Orange-Florida-32127/CAI-Publishing-William-A-Cummins-BEWARE-This-man-is-a-CROOK-I-am-the-Author-of-the-Unive-613346. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CAI Publishing

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Ben's Observation

AUTHOR: William A. Cummins - (United States of America)

"Most people return small favors, acknowledge medium ones, and repay greater ones--with ingratitude."   --Benjamin Franklin

Response to #3

AUTHOR: Laurie - (United States of America)

In response to consumer #3 - I have been a witness to the saga of Sharon and CAI publishing - despite the involvement of 3 lawyers - the owner of CAI publishing continues to advertise and sell Sharon's book without permission and without payment.
She did in fact read her contract - and so did her lawyers.  Sharon followed the contract to the letter in trying to end her association with this publisher, and although I don't know if I agree with her posting on this site - I think she was trying to warn other would be writers not to publish with him because of her experience.
Maybe you can post some tips of how this girl can become a bigger a-----e, maybe she will be able to get out from under this guy.

#3 General Comment

say what?

AUTHOR: reason - (USA)

Is the hypocrasy necessary?

You complain about someone posting business information, but not about the other one posting it? You call for professionalism, but don't aim the call at the person slinging unnecessary insults?

If you have no actual facts to contribute or useful ideas to put forth, and only further rhetoric to sling in support of an indefensible assault by a woman picking a fight in public because she has no legal legs to stand on, perhaps you should leave this arena and seek a career in politics.

If Sharon has a case, the law will take care of it. Publicly insulting someone is BEGGING for a defamation lawsuit. I would immediately and happily grant her wish if she did such a thing to me. Fortunately for her, Bill is not nearly the a*****e that I am.

The court of public opinion is a poor substitute for the court of law. At best, all the two of you have accomplished here is to paint yourselves as incompetent boobs with an ax to grind because she probably didn't read her contract. At worst, she will find herself named in a new lawsuit that will end her hopes of finding another publisher for any future works.

I certainly wouldn't work with someone who acts the way she has conducted herself here.

Was that really necessary?

AUTHOR: TechnoLogic - (USA)

Wow! In order to make a point and make your company look better you post the PERSONAL information of a consumer as your rebuttal?? Was that completely necessary? You run a business, any information shared or used on this site is for the purposes of a consumer. Anyone can google the address of a McDonald's. As far as I know, and am concerned you have completely violated the terms of use on this site, and have sucessfully made yourself look extremely unprofessional and under-handed. Absolutely un-called for.

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

CAI Publishing

AUTHOR: William A. Cummins - (United States of America)

Sharon Diane Roberts

Toll Free: 800-767-7107

universalpetpassport@yahoo.com

sfelou@yahoo.com

August 18, 2010

Subject: Ripoff Report #613346 (Sharon, Port Orange, Florida)

My name is William A. Cummins, owner of CAI Publishing, and I am aware of the subject report #613346, dated and posted Saturday, June 12, 2010. I disagree completely with Sharons trumped-up charges and demand that she immediately post on this site the proof to backup her claims.

William A. (Bill) Cummins