Complaint Review: CAMCO Aka Capital Acquisitions And Management Company

• Submitted: Thu, August 19, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, August 19, 2004

• Reported By:Vista, California
CAMCO Aka Capital Acquisitions And Management Company
P.O. Box 5087 Rockford, Illinois U.S.A.

CAMCO - Capital Acquisitions And Management Company RIP-OFF COLLECTION AGENCY - HARRASED ME FOR 20 YR OLD DEBT THAT HAD ALREADY BEEN WRITTEN OFF. DO NOT SEND THEM $$! TELL THEM YOU WILL REPORT THEM TO THE STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL Rockford Illinois

I received a letter from CAMCO stating I owed them money. I called to clear it up because I didn't know what it was about. They said it was for a credit card I never heard of and then told me it was from 20 years ago. They said if I didn't pay it they would red flag my credit and make it impossible for me to get a line of credit or mortgage loan. They used intimidation and the good guy, bad guy method to make me think that this was my debt and I needed to pay it. They wanted me to cut a check to them the same day (they would hold it until the end of the month) while I investigated if this truly was my debt and sent them paperwork to take it off my record.

BOTTOM LINE, DO NOT send them any money!!! They are a fradulent company. The statue of limitations to sue for an old debt is 4 years, after 7 years there is nothing the company can do to you to reclaim that money! They must get old paperwork/debts from somewhere and try and intimidate people to pay.

I was lucky and fortunately didn't loose any money. My attorney advised me to report them to the State Attorney General and the BBB. Please do not let them intimidate you! Tell them you will report them and they will leave you alone.

Embarrased to have been intimidated
San Diego,, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2004 07:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CAMCO-Aka-Capital-Acquisitions-And-Management-Company/Rockford-Illinois-61125-0247/CAMCO-Capital-Acquisitions-And-Management-Company-RIP-OFF-COLLECTION-AGENCY-HARRASED-M-104529. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CAMCO Aka Capital Acquisitions And Management Company