Complaint Review: CAMCO - Capital Acquisitions And Management Company

• Updated: Sun, March 14, 2004

• Reported By:West Palm Beach Florida
CAMCO - Capital Acquisitions And Management Company
Rockford, Illinois U.S.A.

CAMCO - Capital Acquisitions And Management Company ripoff Rep: J.C. Michaels Fraudulent Claim Of Debt Never Owed Rockford Illinois

After checking my voicemail this afternoon, I received a message from "J.C. Michaels", claiming that I owed a $1,441.62 debt on an account once held by Crescent/J Burton Jewelers, then acquired by Midland Acquisitions, now owned by CAMCO. In his pseudo-official tone, he expressed how imparative it was that I contact him immediately. This call actually proceeded my receipt of a letter dated March 5th regarding this same manner, but had put aside, saying that I would tend to it eventually.

Quite naturally, I was a bit panic-stricken! Who wants to be told that you owe practically a mortgage payment to someone with whom you don't recall ever having done business with before? Then of course, you go through trying to remember one occasion where you didn't bother properly shredding the last statement that came in the mail, and who may have used that information for their own gains.

However, being blessed with the brain that apparently these individuals have not, instead of even bothering to even call these people back, I decided to do a little investigating of my own about them. And after having asked God to help me sort this all out, I found your website.

Needless to say, I was ecstatic!!! NOT at the knowledge of finding that I'm not alone in having been harassed by these individuals, but ecstatic that I WASN'T alone. To know that there are others who have gone through this, and are willing to share their experiences, knowledge, expertise, and suggestions with the rest of us.

Thank you for the wonderful information that some of you have provided, i.e., the CEASE AND DESIST letter. I have written one out myself, and intend to send it certified tomorrow morning.

And just a message to all of the CAMCO employees who read this site and rebut the comments made here, perhaps you should really HEAR what people are trying to say, and stop standing behind a company who would perform such unscrupulous acts against people. I guarantee if YOU were on the receiving end of such unjustice and a blatant attempt to be defrauded, you would be scouring the web looking for an outlet, such as this site, to drag your butt out of the mess that you've now found yourself in.

And if your company is as good as you all claim that CAMCO is, then WHY isn't this a POSITIVE business recognition site, singing the praises of your bosses? ALL of US can't be wrong, and you few there in lil' 'ol Rockford, Illinois be right... think about it.

To all of my brothers and sisters in this war against sCAMCO, I agree with some of the posters here, that we SHOULD file a class-action suit against them... companies never TRULY hear its public, until you hit them in the pocket, where it REALLY hurts!

West Palm Beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2004 05:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CAMCO-Capital-Acquisitions-And-Management-Company/Rockford-Illinois-61125-0247/CAMCO-Capital-Acquisitions-And-Management-Company-ripoff-Rep-JC-Michaels-Fraudulent-C-83836. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CAMCO - Capital Acquisitions And Management Company