Complaint Review: CAMCO Capital Acquisitions And Management Company

• Submitted: Wed, June 30, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, June 30, 2004

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
CAMCO Capital Acquisitions And Management Company
P.O. Box 5247 Rockford, Illinois U.S.A.

CAMCO Capital Acquisitions And Management Company Ripoff !! Do not send these people any money ! Do not let them intimidate you ! Rockford Illinois

I received a letter from CAMCO on June 9, 2004 attempting to collect on a Citibank Visa Account in which I supposedly owed $1,486.48. I immediately contacted them the very next day and spoke with a Ron Thomas. I explained to Mr. Thomas that I never had a Citibank Visa Account, only a Mastercard (which was current and never in collections). I also requested from Mr. Thomas proof of the validity of this debt that I supposedly owed.

At this point Mr. Thomas got real nasty stating that he has a signed affidavit and this was proof enough. When I explained to him again that I never had a VISA account, only a Mastercard he accused me of lying and said that the VISA account was reported to my credit report as being a collection and he would send me a copy of the "affidavit" as proof of the debt.

Well, today is June 30, 2004 and I stil have not received anything in the mail from this company as "proof" of this account. I also obtained a copy of my credit report and this so called - Citibank VISA account is no where to be found !!! Amazing !

How is it that this company can continue to operate in this manner and manage to rip off hundreds if not thousands by their threating letters and phone calls. My advice - Don't fall for it. Fight back and keep fighting and reporting these people until they are no longer in business.

Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2004 08:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CAMCO-Capital-Acquisitions-And-Management-Company/Rockford-Illinois-61125/CAMCO-Capital-Acquisitions-And-Management-Company-Ripoff-Do-not-send-these-people-any-m-97169. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CAMCO Capital Acquisitions And Management Company