Complaint Review: CAMCO Capital Acquisitions And Management Company

• Submitted: Sat, February 28, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, February 29, 2004

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
CAMCO Capital Acquisitions And Management Company
P.O Box 5247, Rockford, Illinois U.S.A.

CAMCO Capital Acquisitions And Management Company ripoff Rockford Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: Make them sign for that "Cease & Desist" letter

Well Camco tried to extort money from my 67 year old mother, on a citibank card that she never had. I first had the pleasure of speaking to a Chris Marlin who told me that the debt was not in fact my mothers.

Well it did not end there. I had the pleasure of speaking to a Tommy Williams who told me that the debt was in fact my mother's. When I asked for the address that the account was sent to, he gave me an address that my mother has not lived at since 1985.

I then asked him what year the debt took place he told me 1989-91 for 15,841, but he was willing to take 1000. NICE GUY! He then started to bully me into giving him my credit card, I told him no and then found this site. Thank God.

My mother is an honest woman who always pays her bills.
I want to form a group and go after these scumbags and put them in there place. They will be getting a c&d letter this week. These people need to be put in jail for what they are doing to thousands of people everyday.

Greg
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2004 06:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CAMCO-Capital-Acquisitions-And-Management-Company/Rockford-Illinois-61125/CAMCO-Capital-Acquisitions-And-Management-Company-ripoff-Rockford-Illinois-82256. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CAMCO Capital Acquisitions And Management Company

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Make them sign for that "Cease & Desist" letter

AUTHOR: Jacqueline - (U.S.A.)

Use some form of receipt generating mailing system, which leaves you with PROOF that the letter was sent. What they did was possibly ILLEGAL according to the Fair Debt Collection Practice Act which is Federal Law, and immune to all AND any State laws.

Let me specify the potential violations in your specific case:

1-They harassed YOU for the payment of your Mother's debt, and tried to get your credit card number. It's illegal. They are allowed to talk to you ONE time to determine your Mother's location, but they are not ALLOWED to hold you accountable for her bill.

2-The harrasment in general is illegal.

3-They have to acknowledge the Statute of Limitations, which is 4 years in your State of California. Something from 1985 is duh--well past that SoL.

4-Repeated calls are also illegal, even if they were not hostile.

Keep a record of those names and the details of what was discussed. Your Report is clear, articulate, and thorough hold on to it, and mark down the specific dates of those calls for your records.

In addition, I have to tell you this for peace of mind. The Cease and Desist letter coming from you MIGHT not be valid, if you do not have "Power of Attorney" over your Mothers financing. Make sure your Mother signs that letter, of lucid sound mind, and well aware of the documentation. If they are weasels, you never know what stunt they might pull.

You also might consider accessing www.ftc.gov to fill our their online Complaint form. There is a direct link at the site, which will lead you to that form.

If you want to put some time into further research here at the Rip-off Report, Scott from Akron, Ohio has a lot of good information. There really are thousands being victimized by this corporation.

I wish we could form a group to tackle this oppression.

Hope it works out.