Complaint Review: CAMCO - Capital Aquisitions & Management Company

• Submitted: Thu, October 28, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, October 28, 2004

• Reported By:Sacramento California
CAMCO - Capital Aquisitions & Management Company
303 N Main Street Rockford, Illinois U.S.A.

CAMCO - Capital Aquisitions & Management Company 14 year old RIP OFF attempt Rockford Illinois

*Consumer Comment: dept of complaints

CAMCO - Capital Acquisitions and Management Company's Michael Terry, began calling me on October 17th, 2004. He stated that I had a Citibank Visa from 1990 and that I owed $1352.62. I told him that I did have a secured visa back then that was eventually written off, but it was for a very small balance and I didn't think it was with Citibank. He was able to verify 2 previous addresses, both addresses he said came back undeliverable. Not true. He told me that if I didn't pay that he was going to file a complaint with the State of California. I explained that the statute of limitations for our state was 7 years and he countered with that Citibank was never able to collect this debt due to them never being able to find me. Hummmmm, the two addresses they had were accurate.

They threatened me with having to go to court and wage garnishment. I looked them up on line and with the BBB and found out a lot about CAMCO. This is a huge scam.
I filed complaints with BBB, the Federal Trade Commission, Transunion Credit and now here.
Let's stop this company from ripping off anyone else!

Genevieve
Sacramento, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2004 10:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CAMCO-Capital-Aquisitions-Management-Company/Rockford-Illinois-61101/CAMCO-Capital-Aquisitions-Management-Company-14-year-old-RIP-OFF-attempt-Rockford-Illi-115040. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CAMCO - Capital Aquisitions & Management Company

dept of complaints

AUTHOR: Keith - (U.S.A.)

Geneieve,

great that people like you keep posting to keep us informed about camco.

i also found your post most interesting - camco plans to file a complaint against YOU with the state of california. ha. thats funny.

actually, if they were to contact the state of california (do we have a complaint dept?) they would find that we (consumers/debtors) have already filed many complaints against camco - regarding their collecting techniques, or lack of.

and as for their offering to take you to court over a stale debt, that's funny too. first of all, it would cost them money to go to court & i doubt bottom feeder collectors like camco would spend a dime going to court. + they could never collect on such an old debt anyway. so they only way they can get money out of us - is to try and scare it out of us. in fact, if you listen to 'em long enough they will even offer to change our debt collecting
laws just to accomodate your old debt.

thanks for filing the complaints, think thats about the best we can do is to get the word out about them. now just ignore them.