Complaint Review: CAMCO Or Capital Acquisitions And Management Company

• Submitted: Wed, April 28, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, April 28, 2004

• Reported By:chevy chase Maryland
CAMCO Or Capital Acquisitions And Management Company
P.O. Box 5247, Rockford Rockford, Illinois U.S.A.

CAMCO Or Capital Acquisitions And Management Company Attempting to collect debt that does not exist. Harrassing phone calls. Called previously under different company name. Rockford Illinois

This company is sending debt collection bills and making harassing phone calls for a debt that does not exist. The bill is addressed to my husband, and the social security number they have for him is incorrect, but they say I am lying about his social security number.

They were calling repeatedly this autumn using a different company name. They attempted to settle on a smaller amount which is what originally indicated to me that they were a fraudulent business. They would send letters asking my husband to call a certain person, and each time I would ask for that certain person I would get someone with an obviously different voice. I told them they were a scam and someone promised they would stop sending me letters. Now yesterday I received the same bill from a new company - CAMCO.

My husband is in Iraq and I am not sure how to deal with these people. They try to frighten you into sending them money you don't owe. I am relieved to know my gut instinct was accurate. I hope someone finds them and prosecutes them.

Sarah
chevy chase, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2004 06:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CAMCO-Or-Capital-Acquisitions-And-Management-Company/Rockford-Illinois-61125-0247/CAMCO-Or-Capital-Acquisitions-And-Management-Company-Attempting-to-collect-debt-that-does-89295. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CAMCO Or Capital Acquisitions And Management Company