Complaint Review: CAMCO & Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC

• Submitted: Wed, September 01, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, September 01, 2004

• Reported By:Newark Delaware
CAMCO & Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC
P. O. Box 5087 & P. O. Box 12914 Rockford & Norfolk, Virginia U.S.A.

CAMCO & Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC Camco - rude, threatening. old debt from years ago that has been paid off, no outstanding debt, very rude and threatening. When I looked them on the internet, I realized that they were scamming people. Portfolio Recovery Assoc. LLC called my home this week Rockford & Norfolk Virginia

*Consumer Suggestion: Send them a Cease and Desist

I received a letter from CAMCO in my married name, which has been changed after the divorce. They are indicating that I owe $11,048.53 for a debt I originally had with MBNA. I've never ever had an MBNA account, card, or debt. When I called CAMCO to straighten this out, they were so very rude, ignorant, and threatening, that when I got off the phone, I was in tears in my office at my job. They were adamant that I owed this money, which I knew I didn't

I decided to look them up on the internet. I found letters about them being a scam company that buys old debts that they have not idea if it had been paid off or not. There were other horrible stories about what they did to other people. I dropped it.

A few weeks ago I received a letter from Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC indicating that they are trying to collect a debt for $4,565.72 from an account they purchased from CAMCO.
This week, I received a phone call from them, asking for me in my previous name. When I heard the word CAMCO, I told them that I don't owe them anything. I told them that they are scam. He was very rude also saying that yes I did. I told him I looked them up on the internet, and hung up on them.

The amounts don't even match up. I think they just invent a figure.

I don't know how these people sleep at night trying to rip off hard working innocent people. They are the scum of the earth.

Patricia
Newark, Delaware

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2004 08:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CAMCO-Portfolio-Recovery-Associates-LLC/Rockford-Norfolk-Virginia-23541/CAMCO-Portfolio-Recovery-Associates-LLC-Camco-rude-threatening-old-debt-from-years-106483. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CAMCO & Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Send them a Cease and Desist

AUTHOR: Kevin - (U.S.A.)

Send a letter to Portfolio Associates, LLC at their address, informing them:

This is to inform you that you are not to contact me again by phone, fax, email, or regular mail. This is to further inform you that any attempt to falsely "re-age" this debt or otherwise slander my credit will be met with all legal options available to me.

Cc: your attorney general, the Virginia attorney general, and the FTC. They will leave you alone after receiving this.

Be sure to send it certified mail, return receipt requested. That way there is no question that they received it.