Complaint Review: CAMCO - Riddle and Associates

• Submitted: Mon, March 29, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, September 07, 2005

• Reported By:concord California
CAMCO - Riddle and Associates
301 N Main St Rockville, Illinois U.S.A.

CAMCO & Riddle and Associates Trying to collect on a debt that cannot be validated. Sent Cease & Desist ripoff fraud to consumers Rockville Illinois

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Scott your still at it?

*Consumer Comment: Here's a website that can be of help.

*Consumer Comment: Riddle & Assoc.

*Consumer Suggestion: yes I have some advice ..they are breaking the cease and desist

Sent CAMCO a "Cease & Desist" letter on a debt they allege my husband owes from 1993. Now recieving phone calls from Utah (801)area code, leaving no message.

We think is from their legal arm, Riddle and Associates. Any advise?

PS Camco couldn't validate this debt

Karen
Holleywood, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2004 06:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CAMCO-Riddle-and-Associates/Rockville-Illinois/CAMCO-Riddle-and-Associates-Trying-to-collect-on-a-debt-that-cannot-be-validated-Sent-C-85853. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CAMCO - Riddle and Associates

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Scott your still at it?

AUTHOR: Nico - (U.S.A.)

I have responded to your posts several times and still have no idea why you did all this...They just started another company man. It will never end till the laws are changed....We both know this.I still don't blame camco for buying the debts....Now i do blame them for thier collection practices! But that was not all the upper managements fault. Mostly the Collection Managers that would do anything for a commision check...I only want to know why scott....Why did you start the war against Camco...And how are they still collecting money when they sold all thier stuff they even auctioned off the computers that they had accuired...Please tell the truth man...We have gone back and fourth for over 2 years now and i still don't know why you waged the war. You never had an account with them under this name. So i remain confused..

Here's a website that can be of help.

AUTHOR: Patrick - (U.S.A.)

Shannon,

There is a wonderful website with lots of information on how to deal with your situation. It's called www.artofcredit.com. Here you can get help with fighting this. Go there, click on "Discussion Forums", then read "Essential Credit Resources".

This website is so good, that a ticked off bill collector actually came to this site and filed a report on them saying they help people to not pay bills that they legally owe.

Good luck in your fight.

Riddle & Assoc.

AUTHOR: Shannon - (U.S.A.)

I too recently did a credit report through Experian and found a bill from NCO Financial Systems Inc from 12/2000 which they said when I called they sold to Riddle and Assoc.

When I called Riddle & Assoc. they said the bill was a utility bill but couldn't give me any information on it. She said that if I didn't pay her $204.00 that she was going to send it to "Legal". Well I was like wouldn't it already be in legal if it was from so long ago? Anyway I told her do what you have to do.

I then went on there website and wrote to some of the attorney's in her firm cause she was not calling me back so that I could get her to fax me information on this debt. Finally she called and agreed to fax a letter of what I owed and what for and so on. She called back a week later saying that she faxed it. I never got the fax and a friend told me(who recently paid off a lot of past due debt)that they are supposed to follow-up the fax with a letter sent in the mail. She didn't even offer that. She wasn't even going to fax me anything until I demanded she did before I paid her anything.

Can anybody suggest a way to investigate this cause now reading your guys claims that they are full of BS I'm a little afraid of paying them anything. How do I know that they aren't trying to scam me too. I tried doing an investigation through my Experian account but haven't heard anything back from them either. I can't get credit through anybody right now cause of this stupid debt that I don't even know if I owe.

Please help.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

yes I have some advice ..they are breaking the cease and desist

AUTHOR: Scott - (U.S.A.)

What they are doing is illegal because Riddle is not collecting for himself but is instead collecting for camco therefore they are breaking the cease and desist since he works for them. This scumsucking attorney is also being sued out of NC right now so I suggest you send him a cease and desist letter certified mail and fill out a complaint to the FTC, the illinois attorney general, and the cali AG office. I can saw with 100% certainty they are listening now.