Complaint Review: CAMCO

• Submitted: Tue, July 06, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, July 16, 2004

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
CAMCO
PO BOX 5087 ROCKFORD, Illinois U.S.A.

CAPITAL ACQUISITIONS AND MGMT COMPANY - CAMCO: RIPOFF SLEAZY SHADY SCUMBAGS ROCKFORD Illinois

*Author of original report: Peace at last! these sleazebuckets

They first started calling me at my cell phone number just after I bought a house. What's really funny is that they said I owed on a credit card from 1990. I told them that was ridiculous as I was living in a poor African country at that time where credit cards were not very useful. I told them it must be some kind of stolen identity issue, and I knew very well what was on my credit report as I had just purchased a house and reviewed my credit report with the loan officer.

I thought there must be a statute of limitation in any case, as the alleged debt was fourteen years old. And there is. In most states, credit card debt statute of limitations is only three or four years. So I filed a complaint with the FTC, my state attorney general, the state banking regulators, and a local news station.
The other day they sent me what look like a bill, only cheesier. These scumbuckets can't even print a professional-looking bill!
They need to be taken down.

Kathy
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2004 07:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CAMCO/ROCKFORD-Illinois-61125-0247/CAPITAL-ACQUISITIONS-AND-MGMT-COMPANY-CAMCO-RIPOFF-SLEAZY-SHADY-SCUMBAGS-ROCKFORD-Illin-97858. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CAMCO

Peace at last! these sleazebuckets

AUTHOR: Kathy - (U.S.A.)

After reading some of the other reports on these sleazebuckets, and being sick of their harassing daily phone calls & threats, I sent a cease & desist order by registered mail. I haven't heard from them again.