Complaint Review: CAMCO

• Submitted: Sun, July 04, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, July 19, 2004

• Reported By:Fresno California
CAMCO
P.O Box 5247 Rockford, Illinois U.S.A.

CAMCO Capital Acquisitions And Management Company ripoff fraudulent claim of money owed Rockford Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Interesting.....any others???

*Consumer Comment: Don't give in to those liars at CAMCO

On January 28, 2004 I received a letter stating that CAMCO had purchased a debt of mine and that I owed them 3781.21. They claimed it was from Citibank from 1986 or 1987. I wrote them and disputed the claim due to bogus address and verification from Citibank that I had never been a customer of theirs nor did I owe them money. I never heard back from them. They never sent any supporting evidence. I sent them a copy of the letter from Citibank

Well, on June 25, I received another letter from them saying I owed $1232.02 from an account they had purchased from AVCO Financial. Of course, again I do not owe any money and will be forced to dispute this also.

Both of these incidents, interestly, followed financing an auto through GMAC.

Chuck
Fresno, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2004 10:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CAMCO/Rockford-Illinois-61125-0247/CAMCO-Capital-Acquisitions-And-Management-Company-ripoff-fraudulent-claim-of-money-owed-Ro-97575. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CAMCO

Interesting.....any others???

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

I found your note quite interesting. My wife has received many letters in the last 4 months from CAMCO attempting to collect a debt which she never had. The name on the debt they keep using even has the wrong middle initial. What made me reply to this one...all of our contact from CAMCO was following the financing of our car through...GMAC.

Any others????? This peaks my curiousity very much. Is there really a connection?

Don't give in to those liars at CAMCO

AUTHOR: Kevin - (U.S.A.)

For a debt from 1986, the statute of limitations has pobably expired. Find out what the time limit is in your state. Then send a cease and desist letter. After that, if those con-artists kep tryng to collect from you, complain to the FTC. You can also sue them. CAMCO tried the same kind of con with me a few months ago. They told me they could ruin my credit, etc. It was all a bluff since they were calling about an account from 1990 and couldn't do anything at all with it. Just remember, no matter what they say, they can't sue or report you to a credit bureau. They would be breaking the law if they did. Don't give in to those liars.