Complaint Review: CAPITOL CHOICE CONSUMER CREDIT

• Submitted: Mon, March 04, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, March 04, 2002

• Reported By:OLEAN NY
CAPITOL CHOICE CONSUMER CREDIT
9590 NW 25TH STREET MIAMI, FLORIDA U.S.A.

CAPITAL CHOICE CONSUMER CREDIT -DO I HAVE A STORY TO TELL

I RECEIVED THE "TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE" CREDIT FORM ALSO. I DON'T HAVE A CHECKING ACCOUNT, SO I ASKED A FRIEND OF MINE TO WRITE ME A CHECK FOR $39.00. I GAVE HIM THE CASH FOR THIS, AND SUBMITTED IT TO THE COMPANY. I RECEIVED THE PACKET ABOUT A MONTH LATER. WITH THE DESCRIBED PHONE CARD, AUTO CARD, AND THE CREDIT CARD. THIS ALSO HAD THE MAGIZINE IN WHICH TO ORDER FROM. I DIDN'T NEED THE AUTO CARD, SO I CALLED AND CANCELLED RIGHT AWAY. THE PHONE CARD DIDN'T HAVE A NUMBER TO CANCEL ON AND WHEN I FINALLY FOUND THE NUMBER IT WAS EITHER BUSY OR A RECORDED MESSAGE. THERE WASN'T A NUMBER ON THE CREDIT CARD. YESTERDAY MY FRIEND CAME TO ME AND SAID THAT THIS COMPANY WAS BILLING HIS ACCOUNT. HE SHOWED ME THE THE STATEMENT FROM THE BANK AND HE HAD 4 $39.00 WITHDRAWALS AND 1 FOR $99.00. ALL OF THESE WHERE FROM THE SAME COMPANY. HE WANTED TO KNOW WHAT I CHARGED ON THE ACCOUNTS. I TOLD HIM NOTHING AND I WAS TRYING TO CANCEL THE CARDS. I WAS FURIOUS! I CALLED THE CARD COMPANY UP. AFTER WAITING ON HOLD FOR AN HOUR I WAS TOLD I HAD MADE A RECORDING STATING THAT I WANTED THIS SERVICE. I TOLD THE PERSON THAT THEY WHERE CHARGING AN ACCOUNT OF MY FRIENDS NOT MY ACCOUNT. I TOLD THEM I DIDN'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT THAT THIS WAS FRAUD. HE TOLD ME HE WOULD CALL IN 24 HOURS WITH THE RECORDING. I TOLD HIM THAT THEY COULDN'T CHARGE SOMEONE ELSES ACCOUNT WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION. I TOLD THE GUY THAT M;Y FRIEND WILL BE HIRING A LAWYER TO HANDLE THIS MESS. DID ANYONE HAVE THIS HAPPEN?

Jessie
OLEAN, NEW YORK

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CAPITOL-CHOICE-CONSUMER-CREDIT/MIAMI-FLORIDA-33172/CAPITAL-CHOICE-CONSUMER-CREDIT-DO-I-HAVE-A-STORY-TO-TELL-15794. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CAPITOL CHOICE CONSUMER CREDIT