Complaint Review: CAPITOL FIRST BENEFITS

• Submitted: Wed, November 27, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, November 27, 2002

• Reported By:VAUXHALL NJ
CAPITOL FIRST BENEFITS
18495 SOUTH DIXIE HIGHWAY, SUITE 228 MIAMI, Florida U.S.A.

CAPITOL FIRST BENEFITS rip off scam con artists, false promises, deceptive company consumer fraud ripoff MIAMI Florida

I spoke to these people in May, and paid them a small fee($19.95). When mailings and charges from them started showing up, I called them and cacelled everything. At least I thought I had cancelled everything.

On July 26, 2002, they debited my checking account for $59.95 and $99.95. According to their Customer Service Department, these were an Activation Fee and some other kind of fee. From what they said, this was supposed to be a pay-as-you-go Master Card. I told them that there was virtually no difference beteen this and a Debit Card, which I already have for free, and that I certainly did not need their help in getting a Secured Card.

I spoke to the Customer Service Department within a week of the date of the debits. I was told that I had authorized them in May for a June date, but they did not put them through until the end of July and that I would have to contact the home office in Miami about a refund. They gave me the address to which to write.

Three weeks later, since I had not heard from them I called again and was told that there would be no refund "because it was past 30 days". There was no explanation as to exactly what 30 day period was involved.

On Wednesday, 10/22/02, I received a message on my answering machine at home from a man who said he represented Capital First and that I would receive a complete refund of my money within one week by ACH credit. When this did not happen, I called Customer Service again to check on it. They told me that they had no record of such a message.

I sent a third letter to the Miami office but have had no response from them.

MARY-PAT
VAUXHALL, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2002 12:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CAPITOL-FIRST-BENEFITS/MIAMI-Florida-33157/CAPITOL-FIRST-BENEFITS-rip-off-scam-con-artists-false-promises-deceptive-company-consum-36454. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CAPITOL FIRST BENEFITS