Complaint Review: CAPONE

• Submitted: Wed, April 08, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, April 08, 2009

• Reported By:apo ae New York
CAPONE
PO Box 30281 Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

CAPONE Committed Fraud and Identity Theft in my name Salt Lake City Utah

I did not know of this until I filed for some credit in which I was denied solely by this account with CAPONE.

The credit report only gives a PO Box address. I called Capitol One in Texas (Main Branch) and they have no record of me having any account with Capitol One. The Texas branch stated they have no branch in Salt Lake City, Utah.

The balance is only about $400.00 to $450.00. That is not the point.

I am active duty military and this account was created while I was in Baghdad, Iraq. This I can prove.

I filed a fraud alert and a request to have it investigated by the credit bureaus. The credit bureaus said contact the company. Full circle of nothing. What a surprise.

In Dec 08, I wrote this address a letter demanding proof I opened this account or have it removed from my credit report. I thought they removed it.

The company has not responded. Further it has not been removed from my credit report.

I was recently denied credit again on this entry.

Smithjer70
apo ae, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2009 12:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CAPONE/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84130/CAPONE-Committed-Fraud-and-Identity-Theft-in-my-name-Salt-Lake-City-Utah-441771. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CAPONE