Complaint Review: CAR HOP; UAC: Universal Acceptance Corporation; Insterstate Auto Group Inc

• Submitted: Thu, February 11, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, April 20, 2014

• Reported By: Ray — Puyallup Washington United States of America
CAR HOP; UAC: Universal Acceptance Corporation; Insterstate Auto Group Inc
Ednia, Minnesota United States of America

CAR HOP; UAC: Universal Acceptance Corporation; Insterstate Auto Group Inc Car Hop Criminals and racists repossers Ednia, Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: Boo Hoo! lies

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: CARHOP AND UAC IN KAHOOTS TOGETHER

*Consumer Comment: boo hoo

*Consumer Comment: Just Another Example!

*Consumer Comment: I beg to Differ....

*Consumer Comment: Read My post

*Consumer Comment: When you do file your suit..

Car Hop and UAC are a corrupt company that should and will be put out of business. I am filing a major lawsuit against this company, which by the way is one in the same company, for negligance, false advertisment, unfair business practices and viloation of the Fair Debt Collection Act. I purchased a vechicle recently from the Car Hop in Lakewwod, Wa. at that time it took three days of lies from the salesman to tell me that I was finally approved. I became very ill and did not make my weekly payment for two weeks. I then paid everything current. In the process I was called by one of the references I put down to tell me someone called her saying they were a private investigator looking for me. I then recieved a call from my ex wife and mother saying they were there and called them liars and "bitches". I called the so called reposser to find out what was happening. At that time he threaten to "beat the shit out of me or shoot me " in order to take possesion of the vechicle. I then called UAC who said they put a stop to the collections due to the fact they recieved information that I paid. I stopped to see someone and within one minute of exiting the vechicle someone jumped into it and drove off. That was disturbing to me due to the fact they must have been "stalking" me and the same person who threaten me. I called UAC to be told they were "calling the contract". I have filed a police report and will file a lawsuit in the morning. I have the conversation recorded of the threats and the racists remarks that were said about my girlfriend (who has nothing to do with this at all). I will not stop till this company is exposed for who they really are. I have read the reports on here from people and the 100's of complaints to the BBB. It is time for this company to be put out of business!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2010 05:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CAR-HOP-UAC-Universal-Acceptance-Corporation-Insterstate-Auto-Group-Inc/Ednia-Minnesota-/CAR-HOP-UAC-Universal-Acceptance-Corporation-Insterstate-Auto-Group-Inc-Car-Hop-Crim-568231. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CAR HOP; UAC: Universal Acceptance Corporation; Insterstate Auto Group Inc

Boo Hoo! lies

AUTHOR: Broke253 - ()

Jenna you protest too much, you obviously work for or have some affiliation with UAC/CARHOP. You are lying there is no way your credit score improved that much with a loan from UAC. LIAR!

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

CARHOP AND UAC IN KAHOOTS TOGETHER

AUTHOR: Broke253 - ()

put this company out of busines.. Anyone who comes on here to defend them probably works for this horrible company. Worst used car buying experience of my life. Dont try to blame it on the "area" you live all. All you have to do is look up reviews, rip off reports, BBB reports etc and you will find this company scams people all over the country. Some loser called it "Subprime Whining" lol whatever. you probably work for them and getting alittle scared your gonna loose your job soon. Because this CARHOP/UAC thing wont last much longer without major changes in their business practices.

boo hoo

AUTHOR: jenna - ()

Oh cry me a damn river. You didn't make your payments your vehicle got reposessed. I'm sure a repo person wouldn't call people liars and bitches unless they were acting that way. And you of course are 100% innocent in this huh? Grow the hell up seriously. Where is the racism in this exactly?

Carhop is only 'racist' against people who don't make payments. just like any other finance company. So stop whining and pay on your vehicle.

Lastly, read your contract. There is an Arbitration agreement, which specifically states you can not take carhop to court it has to be settled in arbitration. Remember as well that all calls you made to carhop have been recorded and noted so if you like most people who think their shit don't stink have called carhop and threatened or whined or flipped out, that is all documented. I used to work for carhop and I bought a vehicle through them and have had nothing but good luck and my credit went from 560 to 730 with their credit reporting. They can help you get to a better lifestyle if you honor your contract and pay your damn bills.

HAve fun.

Just Another Example!

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

Here we go again...another sub-prime whiner...LATE ON THEIR PAYMENTS...crying, whining and stomping their feet because the lender enforces the contract.  Oh poor baby...you don't make the payments and the lender comes after you and its so, so terrible.  I'm surprised you haven't said they are discriminating against you, or that you are entitled to special treatment because you are a veteran, disabled, white, black, Hispanic, Arab, Christian, Jewish, Athiest.  Or maybe how the big loan companies are out to get the little guy, or how dare they come after you since they've received billions and billions of tax payer money.

So please, tell us all about this lawsuit.

I beg to Differ....

AUTHOR: marcus - (United States of America)

First off, Im sorry that happened to you as there are alot of bad people in the world.

2ndly, YOu have a very good case against them as they approved everything for you then after they called off the repossession they still repossessed you is illegal.

As for the comments of poster #1 - Yes under new laws and the simple fact that Carhop and UAC

do not do their own crediting anymore and go through a bank they DO fall under the fair credit act and they are to be held liable for all things illegal. Also, It is perfectly legal to record your conversations with creditors and bill collectors and you DO NOT HAVE TO NOTIFY THEM as they record your conversations all the time and they do not notify you that they are doing it. I know this because they have been in trouble for years and always find a loophole, well those loopholes apply to us as well and it will stand up in court.

As for the racism and threats, if the people who were threatened go to court wth you it will stand up in court as well. I had a similar situation back in 2008 and they went to a whole other state to threaten my cousin and parents over a car I had already paid off but this company wanted a double payment because of dirty dealings. This company is no longer in business as the IRS and UNCLE SAM shut them down.

With all of these problems you should be able to talk to carhop-uac and get them to put you into another vehicle and give yu a new warranty for that vehicle as you have not had that vehicle for very long.  I bought a car from carhop and was 2000 miles over warranty and only had the car for 10 months when the engine and transmission blewup on me. It was all caused from a bent frame as the mechanic later confirmed. It took me 3 weeks to get things done but they put me in a new vehicle and everything and just continued my payments where I left off. all this happened just this past february, 2011. Also, I read alot of these complaints and though you do have a valid case, alot of others are just bitter people or uneducated violent and angry teens for their first cars.

I can also point out that alot of the problems you are having are probably local to that area as their are alot of bad people out there but the company as a whole has a very good track record of providing good quality vehicles to people as well as fixing their credit. I do not work for carhop but I had a very good experience with them and I hope my info is able to help you out in your lawsuit and again Im sorry for your experience as I have been there before and wouldnt wish that on anyone.

Read My post

AUTHOR: Raydog1977 - (USA)

I just read your report and it is very similar to mine...How did your lawsuit go..I am considering filing legal actions for harassment and third party disclosure.

If you have time my is listed under UAC harassing, threatening and committing illegal activities..look forward to your response

When you do file your suit..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Please post all of the court information here.  That would include the Court you filed in and the Case Number.  I also wonder how much you are going to sue them for.  Since you said you are going to do this in the morning, I guess we can expect you to update this in the next couple of days.

But before you do that perhaps you may want to think about a few things.

Why did you suffer through 3 days of lies to get the car in the first place?  They didn't hold a gun to your head to buy the car.

They are considered an Original Creditor so the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act(FDCPA) does not apply.  They have every right to "call" a loan if they feel that you are not going to be able to complete your contract.  They also are allowed to contact your references, after all that is why they requested them.  They are a Sub-Prime lender and as such are not going to give people a lot of lee-way in making payments.

If the recording you have was made without their concent, you better check the laws of your state.  Because if you are required to get their concent before recording them, YOU may actually be the one who is prosecuted.

The only item you MAY have a case on is if they threatened you with bodily harm, and you have proof that was legally obtained.  However, that would be a complaint/police report against the person who threatened to you.