Complaint Review: CARD MEMBER SERVICES

• Updated: Wed, August 06, 2014

• Reported By: Jeano — Ponte Vedra Beach Florida
CARD MEMBER SERVICES
Nationwide USA

CARD MEMBER SERVICES CREDIT CARD SERVICES A RECORDING CALLED FROM ABOUT 10 DIFFERENT NUMBERS STATING THAT THEY WILL LOWER INTEREST RATES ON VISA, MASTERCARD, DISCOVER AND AMERICAN EXPRESS CARDS. THEY CALL FROM ABOUT 10 DIFFERENT NUMBERS. ORLANDO FLORIDA

Over the last several months, I have gotten at least 8-10 calls a day from a recording stating they can lower

my interest rates on my credit cards. When spoken to, they ask for balances, account numbers, pins on the back of cards so they can *check if you qualify*. I gave information on: Sears Mastercard, AAA Visa card, Discover and American Express.

Once the first guy speaks with you, after you have been pre-qualified, they tell you, you will be charged a $900.00 fee for this service. They tell you they split the charge between credit cards, and say the company name is Card Member Services.

After you give them all the information, the *Financial Advisor* calls back and gives you some excuse why they aren't able to lower your interest rates, but can only do a consolidation for you in which you stop paying your credit cards and bank the money till they settle your account.

I never agreed to the final part, so I told them no I was not interested in a settlement agreement and hung up.

A few days later, there was a charge on my AAA Visa account for $239.00 from a Seafood company. Obviously, someone took the information and scammed me and used my card. This also happened on my Sears Mastercard.

The gentleman I spoke with initially told me the company was out of Orlando. The phone numbers I had received the many calls on are as listed:  956-910-2299 (disconnected), 406-543-1588, 321-209-7498, 229-244-1189, 904-543-1588 (disconnected), 904-483-9889 (busy)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2014 07:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CARD-MEMBER-SERVICES/nationwide/CARD-MEMBER-SERVICES-CREDIT-CARD-SERVICES-A-RECORDING-CALLED-FROM-ABOUT-10-DIFFERENT-NUMB-1167750. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CARD MEMBER SERVICES