Complaint Review: CARFAX

• Updated: Mon, January 05, 2009

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
CARFAX
CarFax.com Internet U.S.A.

CARFAX Unlimited Reports for $39.99 is another bogus product from this very shady company!! Internet

*Consumer Comment: Same Carfax ripoff happened to me during the same tiem period my acount "paused" today

*Consumer Comment: How many did you order?

On December 9 2008 I bought the Unlimited CARFAX Reports for $39.99. The idea was that I can get as many reports as I wanted for 30 days, as long as I didn't use them for commercial purposes. I live in Phoenix, AZ; a place that was till recently the number one city for auto-thefts. I started getting CarFax reports from home. I wasn't buying or selling cars, or providing the reports to anyone who was, but after only one week, CarFax deactivated my account without as much as an e-mail explaining why!

When I tried to log-in, I got a generic message that my account was deactivated and if I wanted to know why, then I should send an e-mail to account_investigation@carfax.com. Well I did, and they replied, but they didn't tell me why they deactivated my account. Instead, they gave me a generic reply that I agreed to the terms and conditions without saying which ones I have supposedly violated or how, then went on to advertise their commercial services to me!

CarFax offers two other products: one report for $29.99, or ten reports for $34.99. Since hardly any one looks at very few used cars before buying, their offers seemed too expensive to many potential customers. CarFax executives realized that they needed a better product to sell, so they offered the Unlimited Reports for $39.99, but the bastards hoped people would pay without using them much! It's like going to a restaurant that advertises having an open buffet, but if you put more than an average plate of food, the waiter will take your plate away and kick you out with a refund or a reason!

The one thing that CarFax company doesn't realize is that their business is very dependent on reputation of trust. A major TV network investigative story will make CarFax realize this point. Therefore, I encourage CarFax's victims to write to this web site as an Internet reference, as well as to a TV network of their choice, as I will do soon.

Mezah
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2008 09:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CARFAX/internet/CARFAX-Unlimited-Reports-for-3999-is-another-bogus-product-from-this-very-shady-company-403780. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CARFAX

AUTHOR: Chicago Car Searcher - (U.S.A.)

the same Carfax.com ripof occured to me today I ahve the 30 day "unlimited" package, I live in Chicago a large market and am looking up cars for purchase I am getting close and my accout is now "pause." they give no phone numbers only a email address and here ids their reply during appropriate business hours:

Response
CARFAX has received your emailed inquiry. Our standard business hours are 9 AM to 6 PM Monday to Friday, Eastern Standard Time.

Response times are exceeding 8 business hours during this time due to increased message volume and the recent holidays. Your issue is very important to us and will be responded to in the order it was received.

PLEASE NOTE: Sending duplicate emails to us will not result in a quicker response and can cause further delays based on our email system.

We do appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.

***Please do not respond to this message. This is an automated message acknowledgement.***

How many did you order?

AUTHOR: J G Shrugged - (U.S.A.)

It seems like they think you may have been using an automated system to extract reports. But why? How many did you order?