Complaint Review: CARMAX

• Submitted: Tue, January 08, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, January 08, 2013

• Reported By: Jim — San Antonio Texas United States of America
3611 Fountainhead Dr. Internet United States of America

CARMAX CARMAX of San Antonio, Medical Drive The Salesman misrepresented the vehicles capability and then CARMAX promes to correct but lied , Internet

I recently bought a vehicle from Carmax.  I had hoped I had finally found a used car dealership that was honest and above board.  The vehicle is a 2011 Chrysler Town and Country Minvan.  The salesman assured me that the vehicle had a bluetooth system, which was one of my wife's requirements.  I subsequently discovered the vehicle did not have a bluetooth system.  Carmax advertises that you can return a car to Carmax - NO QUESTIONS ASKED - within 5-days if not fully satisfied.  I told Carmax if they could not rectify the bluetooth situation I would just bring it back and find another vehicle that met my specifications.  They told me I could take the vehicle to a Chrysler dealer and they would pay to have the problem rectified.  I did take the vehicle to Ancira Chrysler here in San Antonio.  The cost of the repair was $460.  After the repair was made, Carmax reneged and paid only the labor cost of $82.

Carmax is just another used car dealer that can not be trusted.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2013 06:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CARMAX/internet/CARMAX-CARMAX-of-San-Antonio-Medical-Drive-The-Salesman-misrepresented-the-vehicles-capab-993604. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CARMAX