Complaint Review: CAROLINA PAINT AND BODY

• Submitted: Wed, July 21, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, July 21, 2010

• Reported By: HEATHER LEESVILLE — LEESVILLE South Carolina United States of America
CAROLINA PAINT AND BODY
162 Highway 378 W LEXINGTON, South Carolina United States of America

CAROLINA PAINT AND BODY QUALITY ISSUES LEXINGTON, South Carolina

Beware of Carolina Paint and Body

I was involved in a accident in the Town of Lexington.  I was hit by a drunk driver who was insured by S. Farm.  My car was towed to Carolina Paint and Body.  The police officer and tow truck driver told me I had no choice but to have them tow it.  It was a Sunday and the road had to be cleared.

On Monday morning i received a call from Norm, he advised me I should go through my own insurance because S.Farm always takes to long to assume liability.  If not, I could be responsible for storing my car in there fenced in lot.  S.Farm will not pay storage i will have too. Even if not my fault!!!  S. Farm called that afternoon and offered to repair my vehicle thru select body shop service program. I called Norm and told him i was having another shop to fix it. He began to tell me that Carolina was on there list and that we needed to have my car fixed there.  Norm told me he would be fired by the owner if another vehicle went somewhere else.  Apparently the owner starts drinking in the afternoon and becomes abusive.  I reluctantly decided to let them fix it.

Three weeks later I go and pick my vehicle up on a Friday, They must of thought this female was stupid. The right side doors did not line up, the chrome was bent, the paint was not shinny and had a weird texure. Norm told me I had to take the vehicle because S. Farm was done with paying my rental. " Drive it over the weekend and make a list".

My list:
 1. paint not shiny has some type texure
 2. steering wheel pulls right
 3. air noise around doors
 4 burn holes in back seat, from welding rear fender
 5. filthy car, grease hand prints all over.
 6. noise in rear tire
7. doors dont line up
8. scratches on roof.

I dropped my car off first thing Monday morning, Norm said S. Farm would not pay for rental car.  I rented a car at my own expense.  That afternoon I recieved a call from Norm who advised me my vehicle was done. I would have to purchase a seat cover from pep boys for the back seat thou. I am a single parent and just dont have the money or time for this. I picked my car up, not one thing was done to my satisfaction.

I called Norm  and he told me that Carolina Paint and Body has done all they can.  Good Lucky Lady!!!

I contact S. Farm and took my car to a shop down the street were they had a rental car waiting for me.  They fixed all the problems and found 900.00 more damage. Thank You S. Farm

Stay away from Carolina Paint and Body!!!

Heather a single parent
Columbia SC

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2010 02:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CAROLINA-PAINT-AND-BODY/LEXINGTON-South-Carolina-29072/CAROLINA-PAINT-AND-BODY-QUALITY-ISSUES-LEXINGTON-South-Carolina-625420. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CAROLINA PAINT AND BODY