Complaint Review: CAROLINA SPORT HORSES

• Updated: Wed, November 27, 2013

• Reported By: TYNE — GEORGETOWN South Carolina United States of America
CAROLINA SPORT HORSES
WESTMINSTER (WEST UNION) Westminster, South Carolina United States of America

CAROLINA SPORT HORSES ANGELA LANGSTON MISREPRESENTED HORSES!! BUYERS BEWARE!!! Westminster, South Carolina

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: CAROLINA SPORT HORSES - UNETHICAL, SCAM ARTIST, BUYER'S BEWARE!!

I bought this horse from Angela at Carolina Sport horses as a sound 6 year old, for $1600 She was 250 pounds under weight very calm( Angela ran around the ring with a bull whip, jumped all over her) and she seemed like a great horse. The first week 2 abscesses, one on each front foot, It took months before I could ride her. She started out okay until about 8 months and 200t pounds later, she was so hot I could not ride her with-out lunging her for 45 min. even after 60 days with a trainer she was very difficult.  I am an older woman that bought her for walking on trails. I told Angela this when I went to look at her, and I was told she would ride western, would not spook ,would cross water and would not throw me.  Well after being thrown 2 times, she spooked at everything, Will not go Western, I decided to sell her, and thats when her legs were x-rayed.  She has an old racing injury that will cause her to become crippled and unable to walk in the next year or so. Angela at Carolina Sport Horses will not return my emails or calls,  I am seeing an attorney on Monday 15th and would like to know if others have bought horses from this place that have been misrepresented?  Please contact me at (((ROR redacted)))   Thanks

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2011 10:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CAROLINA-SPORT-HORSES/Westminster-South-Carolina-/CAROLINA-SPORT-HORSES-ANGELA-LANGSTON-MISREPRESENTED-HORSES-BUYERS-BEWARE-Westminster-808504. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CAROLINA SPORT HORSES

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

CAROLINA SPORT HORSES - UNETHICAL, SCAM ARTIST, BUYER'S BEWARE!!

AUTHOR: FaceTheMusic - (United States of America)

I am a former employee of Angela and Carolina Sport Horses. I stopped working there due to the unethical practices of the establishment. 95% of all Angela's horses come from horse auctions, and common horse traders. She buys them for nothing, knowns nothing about them,  has someone ride the horse a few times, then she makes up a "life-story" for the horse, gives it a fancy name, and jacks the price way up. Angela is nothing but an internet horse trader, who knows how to make videos showing what people want to see. I saw many unethical things over the short period of time that I worked for her. They were very upsetting, which is why I stopped working for her.  Legally, I cannot mention these "things" directly,  but I will tell those who are looking for a horse, to steer-clear of Carolina Sport Horses. If she does have a horse you like, be sure to have it thoroughly vetted (Xrays, drug-tests, the works)Never take her "word" on anything. Get everything you need in writing, because her "word" doesn't mean very much. Angela is just a shady horse-trader with a website. Always keep that in mind.