Complaint Review: CARiD

• Updated: Tue, July 16, 2013

• Reported By: RAZ33 — Santa Barbara California
CARiD
New Jersey Internet USA

CARiD CARiD.com Horrible customer service, communication, and overall bad business practices Cranbury New jersey

Since CARiD's website is very confusing when trying to ordering car CUSTOM seat covers, I decided to call and order over the phone thinking that the sales person could determine exactly what I needed. I explained my seat configuration very clearly and in detail. The sales person then ordered my seat covers for the front row (driver seat, center console, passenger seat). I received an email saying my cover would be shipped on Day X (Which was about 7 or 8 days after I ordered).  A day before Day X, I received another email saying that I had a new ship date of Day Y, which was another 7 days away. I finally received my seat covers 6 or 7 days after I received that email.

A day or two after I received my shipment I opened the box and noticed there was no center console. Being that it was after 5pm, I decided to deal with the center console issue the next day. The driver side fit fine. However, the passenger side didn't fit at all, in fact it was so bad that I figured it was from a different vehicle. So now I only had my driver side fitting (and even then CARiD's definition of custom isn't what a normal reasonable person would think-as it was not a perfect it and the attachment straps and Velcro strips did not line up or hook under the seat to a clear designated point-I had to basically jury rig it myself).

So the next day I tried to call and explain my issues. I called and emailed my CARiD designated "personal customer service specialist", the very same person I ordered from. After 2 business days of no response, I called and got thru to someone else.  This person seemed helpful and wante me to email him pictures of the passenger side. Regarding the center console, he told me that they do not provide a center console cover for my make and model. However, when I went on their website and typed in my year, make, and model my options came up and the picture of what I wanted showed a center console cover! FALSE ADVERTISING! I would not have ordered the seat covers had I known that everything wasn't going to get covered. However, I desperately need some sort of cover as I get dirty at work and don't want to ruin my seats, so I just descided to deal.

I emailEd pictures on a Friday, and on the following Tusesday called to confirm he had received them since he did not respond as he said he would have. I called for two days and left messages, but received no response. At this point, with the amount of time waiting and dealing with this...I am ticked.

So I called again and got ahold of someone else. Susan was great, she stayed on the phone with me after I had explained my situation and confirmed her receiving my pictures. She put me on hold and when she returned on the line after a short discussion see determined that the person I ordered with ordered me the wrong set of covers. However, all progress was lost when she said that they would need 2-3 days to get to the next step. WTF!

At this point I had to just take a big step back and breathe because I was going to lose my $#|+.  So after a full 72 hours of waiting they did contact me and said I could return the seat covers to get a refund. Awesome! They asked if I wanted the fast way or slow way. After asking what the difference was, I choose the "fast" way. But I still despretely needed some covers. So I ordered the proper covers with them because the price is right ($100 cheaper than anywhere else) and I thought that my bad luck couldn't happen again.

Back to my refund...basically I had to send my covers back to the manufacturer, which I did. After a week of not hearin anything, I had to call. They put me on hold contacted the manufacturer and said that it literally just arrived 10 minutes prior to me calling which wa BS because the manufacturer is only 100 miles away, and it would only take 2-3 days max to get there by UpS ground. But then they said they needed 2-3 days to process the refund. A week later I got my refund, but I had to call first to see it on my statement.

So now I am currently still waiting for my seat covers and it's been 2 weeks. Just got an email that says the original ship date isn't happening and it's pushed back 4 days. I was so wrong to order from them again.

Learn from me, don't do business with these people. Slow "service", poor communication, false advertising, and bad business practices. Overall it's been a little over a month and a half now. I am so dissatisfied.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2013 05:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CARiD/internet/CARiD-CARiDcom-Horrible-customer-service-communication-and-overall-bad-business-practi-1067563. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CARiD