Complaint Review: CASH ADVANCE AMERICA

• Submitted: Tue, June 05, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, June 06, 2012

• Reported By: LAKEISHA GOGGINS — PLANTATION Florida United States of America
CASH ADVANCE AMERICA

CASH ADVANCE AMERICA IS BEING HARRASSED ABOUT A LOAN I DID NOT TAKE OUT. THE COMPANY HAS NO INFORMATION OF THE DATE AND IS DEMANDING 300 DOLLARS OR I WILL GO TO JAIL. THEY HAVE ACCENT FROM SOME FOREIGN PLACE ALSO VERY RUDE. Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Some simple steps

This company CASH ADVANCE AMERICA is a fraud. I never taken a loan out with this company. They are harrassing me about $300 I never recieved and did not apply for with this company. What can I do to stop the fraud?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2012 02:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CASH-ADVANCE-AMERICA/internet/CASH-ADVANCE-AMERICA-IS-BEING-HARRASSED-ABOUT-A-LOAN-I-DID-NOT-TAKE-OUT-THE-COMPANY-HAS-893316. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CASH ADVANCE AMERICA

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Some simple steps

AUTHOR: Terrance - (U.S.A.)

First of all, there is no such thing as "debtors prison," so threatening you with jail is ridiculous.

Second, if you don't owe the money, tell them "Take me to court, and if you ding my credit for something I don't owe, I'll slap you with a lawsuit so quick it'll make your head spin."  If they keep calling you, get a device that allows you to record your phone calls.

When they call again, tell them "I am recording this call."  By law, in most states you must tell them they're being recorded.  Usually that'll stop the calls.  If not, while you're recording them, say "you are HARASSING me, and I demand you stop."  If they continue, you can actually sue them for harassment.