Complaint Review: CASH CALL - CashCall, Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, December 02, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, December 03, 2009

• Reported By: MG in Long Beach — Long Beach California United States of America
CASH CALL - CashCall, Inc.
1600 S Douglass Rd Anaheim, California United States of America

CASH CALL - CashCall, Inc. RIPPED OFF, PAYING FOR A YEAR AND THE PAYOFF IS MORE THAN ORIG LOAN, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Not sarcastic...

*Author of original report: Gee thanks

*Consumer Comment: Well...

I took out a loan in April and now after a year, the balance due from the original 2600 loan is 2509.07. The rest has all gone to Cash Call and I am still 30 months away from paying it off. I took out this loan as an emergency situation arose in my life and now I am chained to it because of their interest rate is 96%, HOW can this be legal??? Does anyone know how to deal with this or if there is any options?  Oh and the pay off today amount they told me is more than the original loan 2716.45, how is that possible?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2009 12:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CASH-CALL-CashCall-Inc/Anaheim-California-92806/CASH-CALL-CashCall-Inc-RIPPED-OFF-PAYING-FOR-A-YEAR-AND-THE-PAYOFF-IS-MORE-THAN-ORIG-532248. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CASH CALL - CashCall, Inc.

Not sarcastic...

AUTHOR: sylver8248 - (U.S.A.)

My reply to your report was not meant to be sarcastic.  I simply stated the hard facts of the situation.  You are correct, I don't know you.  But I do know what the terms of the loan are, based on Cash Call's website.

You agreed to the terms of the loan when you applied and accepted the money.  I don't agree that the company should be able to loan money with that kind of APR, but it was your choice to do business with them.

You asked if it is legal, and the answer is yes.

You asked if there is any option, and the answer is: pay what you agreed to pay.

I'm sorry if you don't like my response.

Gee thanks

AUTHOR: MG in Long Beach - (United States of America)

I didnt ask for sarcasm and I didnt ask for your snide response, I asked a simple question but thanks for your humanity.  You dont know anything about me so dont assume or you make an a*s out of you not me.

Well...

AUTHOR: sylver8248 - (U.S.A.)

I guess the interest rate didn't seem so "illegal" when you needed the money and they were willing to lend it to you (I'm guessing your credit isn't so great).

Straight from the website (for the state of California):

Loan Product  $2,600

Loan Fee  $75

Borrower Proceeds  $2,525

APR  139.34%

Number of Payments  36

Payment Amount $298.94

So the total amount paid back would be: $10,761.84 (I figured this out in about two seconds, by multiplying the payment amount times 36).

Is it legal?  Yes.  Is it ethical?  I would say, no.  But no one forced you to take the loan, and now it is your responsibility to adhere to the contract and pay it back.