Complaint Review: CASHLAND FINANCIAL SRVS - Cashland - Cashamerica

http://www.cashamerica.com/cashland.aspx Nationwide U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

CASHLAND FINANCIAL SRVS - Cashland - Cashamerica Took much more money than they were owed Newark Ohio

I took out a payday advance through Cashland in Newark Ohio. At the time, I had steady income, a good job and was in a position to pay them back. Three days after taking out the loan, which was for $200.00, I called and notified them that I had a huge reduction in hours at my job due to the economy and that I would like to pay them back and asked if I could work out an agreement to pay them. They were not interested and said I would have to pay the entire loan off in 2 installments by the due date. The reason for 2 installments is they require you to write 2 checks instead of one.

That would not work and I told them I was unable, they did not care and said if it was not paid, the checks would be sent to the bank. The checks were sent, I had $120 in the bank at the time. BOTH CHECKS BOUNCED, and after the bank got their fees, I had NO money left to live in.

They call and advise the checks bounced and said I needed to come in THAT DAY to pay them off, I told them I would be glad to make a payment, once I got paid again since I no longer had any cash and all they could suggest was that I go to another payday lending company and take out a loan to pay them, sorry, not doing that.

I got a call from the collections people, very rude and demanding that I pay, threated to garnish my next check (this has not made it to court yet) if I did not pay. I told them to be my guest and try. I offered a payment plan with them, the guy said he could do that, if I could pay $100 a week until the checks, fees and bounced check fees were paid off, roughly $400. I said I could not afford such and he said fine, we will get a garnishment and take your whole check.

Fast forward, after getting several threating calls at all hours of the day, sometimes 3-4 times a day, I demanded that they cease contact unless it was via US postal service. They did not cease so I changed my phone number and sent them a letter again offering a payment plan to settle this.

Finally I get served with court papers, they won a judgement in excess of $700 for a $200.00 loan.

I dont see how they can legally collect that much money, but the judge felt it was just.

Steve
Anytown, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2009 09:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CASHLAND-FINANCIAL-SRVS-Cashland-Cashamerica/nationwide/CASHLAND-FINANCIAL-SRVS-Cashland-Cashamerica-Took-much-more-money-than-they-were-owed-413506. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CASHLAND FINANCIAL SRVS - Cashland - Cashamerica