Complaint Review: CASS Shelter

CASS Shelter Abuse of Homeless Women Phoenix, Arizona

*General Comment: been there

*General Comment: Need some information

*Author of original report: Wimpy Guy Remarks

*Consumer Comment: Since you are so unhappy with the free service at the shelters,

*Author of original report: Unneeded security update in womens bath

The main thing about this to me is that there is no respect for the women. That is shown to me by the fact that when I inquired (and only then) I was told that male staff could go anywhere they wanted to. That included near the shower. The showers do not have any curtains either. The mgr told me that if I didn't like it I could file a greivance. Nothing seems to be done on those. The argument also is that they will say "Man on the floor".

He was a kid. Most of the staff are kids with bad manners. Oh they pretend to be polite. They are very naive and all alike wherever they are from. He was standing there acting as if he might see someone in the shower and pretending to put his hands over his eyes and laughing. I thought of a pervert. I saw another one on another day. I was not in the shower then either. The excuse is as if they are going to that closet there. I don't think it is very good.

I go to take showers somewhere else now but it is still the idea of it. It is also difficult and takes time.

I tried to file with ACLU but I have heard nothing from them. Maybe it is not dramatic enough. Not like being a transvestite or that would ruin that.

The security guards in the front are rude and impossible. One tried to report me for having an attitude. He had tried to ask about something in my bag. There seems to be no rules of conduct for them. They are very unprofessional. They can come in the ladies dorm also. They walk around with one excuse or another. They keep bothering with the bags. The male guard came by the dorm yesterday and kept staring at me. I motioned him away but he still bothered as if it was a big joke. I don't want to get in trouble. I hate them so much. I have done security myself - they are all terrible.

Someone it seems shot one of the staff before and I don't exactly not understand it. The staff are impossible, unprofessional, and childish. They also would keep saying ma'm to me including the supervisor. They would get in an argument with me if I asked them not to use it and just use it again.

One girl said they asked her to lift up her t shirt. She finally did. She didn't want to report and address it. Then the staff girl said they weren't supposed to do that.

I feel sorry for the Christian people so called around AZ if they think that is all funny. The food is also terrible where you are supposed to get it. I should have stayed in the other shelter but the time on it runs out. The time on this one runs out also.

Then I am supposed to meet with a job counselor who bugs me about getting work and is no help. It wastes time. Also there is another counselor but that one left.

The air in the shelter is one of constant harrassment. No one also usually gets them to be quiet at the proper time but that has gone down lately. The place is disgusting. They say it is from the ones at the head. If anyone is decent they should stop funding for it until it is cleared up. But it is from the state as they seemed to have tried to cover up. Of course someone is paying for it. I have paid my taxes all the time before.

Also there are levels to it which are ridiculous.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2011 04:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CASS-Shelter/Phoenix-Arizona-/CASS-Shelter-Abuse-of-Homeless-Women-Phoenix-Arizona-767331. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CASS Shelter

#1 General Comment

been there

AUTHOR: help - ()

me and my wife stay there get in touch

#2 General Comment

Need some information

AUTHOR: THEOBSERVER - ()

I need some information from people who have actually stayed at a shelter to get information regarding any experiences they might have had. Are you able to contact me through email? I need to know the range of services that they provide. Anyone who has lived at a shelter should feel free to contact me directly. Thank you!

Wimpy Guy Remarks

AUTHOR: Onlyme - (USA)

So why are you so upset I wrote this? Mr. Ken. You sound whiny yourself. I have a right to write something. I always supported myself before. Everyone can't find a job with what is going on. I know how people are on the Internet. If you are ever in a shelter you will complain all over. Everyone is not going to be working all the time. The guys have no right to go in the shower etc. That is beside the point. You are not paying for anything either I am sure with your small amount of taxes. I had to pay taxes for years and I expect something. I did not expect and do not expect to be treated as if I was in a prison. I despise them and I am not going to act as if it is okay. It is known that Phoenix is not good for the homeless.

Since you are so unhappy with the free service at the shelters,

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

get a job and move OUT!!

Sounds like you are a narcissitic whiner who uses other people and then complains about her plight.

NOBODY owes you an endless shelter that is adjusted to suit your personal preferences.

When's the last time you had a job, or even looked for one?  Our society has sure built dependence on socialism.

I'm tired of paying for the support of dead beats whiners such as yourself.

From your post:
"If anyone is decent they should stop funding for it until it is cleared up.

How smart is that?...without funds, you'd all be out on the street.....get real.

Unneeded security update in womens bath

AUTHOR: Onlyme - (USA)

As I was afraid of it seems the security guards male and female can also go past the womens showers. It does not seem to matter if women are taking them or not. ( I was not since I am aware of it) They just yell man on the floor. There was no real reason for it. The bathroom toilet had flooded on one and they marched in there. They are not plumbers. Also I noticed that if there are workers they are told not to go in there beforehand. They must think there is something that people signed giving them a right to do that.

There is an irritating usually male guard also going by to check on the veranda section at night. I figured on it being 9:30 pm. One was standing there staring at me still smiling after I had complained about him in the grievance. It was very annoying. They are not my friends. He just stood there not doing anything. There is no one watching them. The staff lady insisted as if they were polite. They are always annoying familiar or surly.

There was a slight protest to them going past the shower but they seem not to have any sense and just see it as being another occurance.

So then now it is after 10 pm supposed to be lights out and last night they came by the "check" at 10 after 10 saying man on the floor. They could have done that before. I don't want them waking me up. There has been also male staff waking me up. One was by mistake. it is not good.

If they had any sense they would not do that. They could be sued for doing something as others know.

I heard the govt and city people were coming in and they seem all to be not doing anything about it. I feel harrassed and disgusted. My credit card really has too much on it now but I am going to have to be leaving this. They make me sick. I hate them and they keep trying to act as they are talking to me.

Also the "work counselor" is making me go to see a therapist. I don't think she has any right to bother like that. I just told her something about looking for work and instead of any help I have to waste more time with that. It is like a bad movie.