Complaint Review: CBC Consumer Research INC.

• Submitted: Mon, April 14, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, April 14, 2008

• Reported By:San Antonio Texas
CBC Consumer Research INC.
P.O. Box 4440 Trenton, New Jersey U.S.A.

CBC Consumer Research INC. Be a Mystery shopper and Make $300 by just send some money I don't even know where! Trenton New Jersey

Got this mail and found a Letter, with a survey and a $3600 check in it. The letter is saying from previous survey that I filled out, they want to offer me to be a mystery shopper (There is actually a representative ID on the letter).

All I am asked to do is to spend $150 in a selected store, send $3000 to someone (Not mentioned in the letter) and keep $300 for doing this self-training assignment. (Isn't that good? Train yourself by yourself and someone pays you $300!) Immediately I found this fishy, but still can't resist the temptation, what if this is true?

So I tried to find their info on BBB with their address and I found two under the same address. These are the links

That makes the company more suspicious. Then I called to verify, unlike other companies, which in most occasions you are answered by an automated voice system first, the call was answer directly by an women. I told her I got an offer but not too sure about the company, and asked her whether there is some way I can verify if the company is legal since that offer sounds too good to be true. She did answered directly but questioned me back why it is too good to be true and I sounded like a FBI, then tell me don't take it if I don't believe it. Well, that pretty much answers itself. I wonder whether any reputable companies would say something like this to an customer.

So, the only explanation: It is a SCAM!

Chad
San Antonio, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2008 05:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CBC-Consumer-Research-INC/Trenton-New-Jersey-08618/CBC-Consumer-Research-INC-Be-a-Mystery-shopper-and-Make-300-by-just-send-some-money-I-do-326035. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CBC Consumer Research INC.