allowances

• Submitted: Wed, March 12, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, March 12, 2008

• Reported By:Oakford Illinois
CBCS Collection Agency
Arena Dist. Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.

CBCS Collection Agency They file but they can't tell me what it is... Columbus Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Word of warning.

While applying for a loan they called to my attention a debt to CBCS for $599.00. I called CBCS and was on the phone at my expense for over an hour and they were unable to locate anything on me.

I provided them with my full name, address and social security number along with maiden and previous married name and still they couldn't find anything on me for any amount. When I ask them why this would show up on my credit report they simply stated they had no idea.

I ask them to contact the Credit Bureaus and have it removed and they stated they couldn't do that in the event the $599.00 debt was mine under a different name. They simply won't admit they made an error in reporting!

It would be impossible for me to even attempt to pay anything on a claim that doesn't even exsist. In the mean time it's on my Credit Report left up to me to fight.

Diane
Oakford, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2008 11:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CBCS-Collection-Agency/Columbus-Ohio-43216/CBCS-Collection-Agency-They-file-but-they-cant-tell-me-what-it-is-Columbus-Ohio-317249. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CBCS Collection Agency

Word of warning.

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

I really hate to say this but this debt will probably now "become yours" as you gave them all your information. They'll just attach it to the deb and now send you a letter or start phone calls. THEY have to prove to you that it's yours without any info from you. I hope I'm wrong but......

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC