• Report: #219368

• Submitted: Mon, November 06, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, November 06, 2006

• Reported By:chicago Illinois
CBCS Collection Agency
P.O. Box 69 Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.

CBCS Collection Agency accusative, rude, insulting, attempted to get information regarding my workplace and family members. Insisted on knowing who else lived in my house ripoff Columbus Ohio

On Nov 6, 2006, I received a letter from CBCS indicating I owed MCI Communications $70.75 from an account placed in collections in 1999.

Totally shocked, I called the toll-free number and explained that these charges were disputed over 6 years ago, letters were written to MCI as well as the differenct credit agencies since I never opened up an account with MCI. After talking to MCI several times, I was told an investigation would take place. I continued to get bills and asked to speak to a representative in customer service after getting much information from me I was told the charges would be dropped and to account would be closed, no other actions were necessary.

I assumed this was true until I received this letter on Nov 6. The representatative from CBCS demanded I provide the names of my members of my household, as well as the name and phone number of my place of employment. I refused to give this information since it was not relevant to the accusation. The representative rudely stated, "well, you are the person on the bill and you stay at the address on file so, and you are calling from the telephone number we have on file, "therefore who else could have opened the account but YOU.

This rude unprofessional intimidating behavior prompted me to ask for a W supervisor; the rep hung up. I called back, asked for a supervisor. A male(Nathan Macon)answered and things only got worse. He insisted "I did open the account and no one else could have done it but me." You can imagine my shock! I told him it was totally unacceptable for me to pay a bill I did not make and asked for his suggestions in resolving it; especially since I assumed I had taken all of the necessary stepts years ago to get it resolved. He stated , "you are not listening. You need to get this matter taken care of and reminded me he was attempting to collect a debt.

When I stated I knew the purpose of the company, but would not be using good common sense to pay for a bill I did not make, and asked for a copy of any necessary paperwork, with my signature, etc to validate my right as a consumer, a victim of identity theft, etc. he slammed the phone down. I have written a letter to the company disputing the charges.

Eliza
chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2006 07:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CBCS-Collection-Agency/Columbus-Ohio-43216/CBCS-Collection-Agency-accusative-rude-insulting-attempted-to-get-information-regarding-219368. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CBCS Collection Agency