Complaint Review: CBCS Collections

• Submitted: Sun, June 21, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, June 21, 2009

• Reported By:Columbus Ohio
CBCS Collections
www.paycbcs.com Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.

CBCS Collections attempting to collect invalid debt Columbus Ohio

*Consumer Suggestion: Use certified, return receipt requested mail.

I received a suspicious letter in the mail from CBCS saying that they were attempting to collect money on behalf of Riverside Methodist Hospital. This was surprising because i had not been to that hospital in many years. I had not recieved any previous bills from them or any other healthcare provider for that matter. What's even more suspicious is that they say i owe $62.75 but that if I respond in 30 day or less they'll settle for 50% of that amount. I know it's not much money but it's the principal of the matter, I was unaware of any debt and refuse to just shell out money to anyone who asks for it.

Anyway I went to their website and found only one contact email address, what follows is the email i sent:

To whom it may concern,
I received a bill in the mail from your company asking me to settle the account with your client, Riverside Methodist Hospital, within 30 days for $31.38 or pay $62.75. I'm a little confused though because I've never heard of your company and thus would be very surprised to learn that I have a legitimate account. Also, since I have not been to Riverside in many years my suspicion that this is some kind of error is only further advanced. After reading your letter I am now contacting you because I absolutely and wholeheartedly "...dispute the validity of this debt...". If you can provide proof that I, in fact do owe money for services rendered then I will settle the account. However, I implore you to take notice that I do not use the word "proof" lightly. The burden of proof is on your shoulders, and I await your response.

Foxm
Columbus, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2009 05:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CBCS-Collections/Columbus-Ohio/CBCS-Collections-attempting-to-collect-invalid-debt-Columbus-Ohio-463388. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CBCS Collections

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Use certified, return receipt requested mail.

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Forget about using email to dispute or demand validation of the alleged debt.

All communications with this outfit need to be in WRITING with a verifiable paper trail-certified, return receipt requested mail.