Complaint Review: CBCS Columbus Ohio

• Updated: Thu, August 20, 2009

• Reported By: jax009 — Sneads Ferry North Carolina USA
CBCS Columbus Ohio
236 East Town Street Columbus, Ohio United States of America

CBCS Columbus Ohio, Attempt to obtain copy of birth certificate, SS# and drivers license! Sneads Ferry, North Carolina

I have been contacted by phone and three letters from  CBCS regarding bills Apria Healthcare claims I owe them, even though I have given both Apria and CBCS proof (dates and check numbers) that these bills were paid by Medicare and my supplemental insurance carrier.  Today I got another letter from CBCS stating that the  "information  I provided was inadequate for them to investigate my claim of identity theft".  I have never claimed identity theft! Only that I don't owe the bills because they have already been paid.  The letter went on to ask for proof of date of birth (copy of birth certificate, drivers license, etc), copy of social security card.  I don't think so! This seems to me like a bogus and dangerous attempt to obtain personal information so that CBCS can commit identity theft.  Each letter from CBCS has a different PO Box number on it, and no telephone number.  I would warn anyone who gets a letter from CBCS to be extremely cautious in supplying information.  In my case they were contacting me about charges I did incur, but which are not my responsibility since they have been paid (months ago).  Apria Healthcare as just as much at fault here in that these charges should never have been passed to a collection agency.  I have reported these events to both Medicare and my supplemental insurance carriers as fraud on the part of Apria Healthcare.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2009 12:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CBCS-Columbus-Ohio/Columbus-Ohio-43215/CBCS-Columbus-Ohio-Attempt-to-obtain-copy-of-birth-certificate-SS-and-drivers-license-482999. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CBCS Columbus Ohio