cast

• Submitted: Fri, February 08, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, February 08, 2008

• Reported By:Parker Colorado
CBCS National-Resurgent Capital Services-AT&T Broadband LLC
PO Box 163250 Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.

CBCS National-Resurgent Capital Services-AT&T Broadband complete fraud and Junk Debt buyer Collection Agency trying to extort Columbus Ohio

I got a letter from CBCS National claiming they have been authorized to offer me a settlement from there Client Resurgent Capital Services (Sherman Companies) representing ATT Broadband, LLC. I called this company and I told them I never had an Account with ATT Broadband, LLC or ATT period. The guy was very rude and tried to get information out of me like current address, work phone, home phone etc.... I said I would not give any information unless they proved to me they have a valid debt. The rude guy said "it's on the letter that's our validation". I said have a nice day.

I will be sending out a dispute letter via my attorney.
It's obviously a sham. The settlement offer is only for $86.25 or 50% of $172.49. If this goes on my credit report there will be hell to pay. I did some research on CBCS National and they buy aged debt from other Collection Companies for cents on the dollar than threaten people to "settlling" and if there succesful bingo they win.

Screwed by third party collectors
Parker, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2008 08:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CBCS-National-Resurgent-Capital-Services-ATT-Broadband-LLC/Columbus-Ohio-43216/CBCS-National-Resurgent-Capital-Services-ATT-Broadband-complete-fraud-and-Junk-Debt-buye-307266. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CBCS National-Resurgent Capital Services-AT&T Broadband LLC