Complaint Review: "CBCS" Or "Resurgent Capital Services" Or "LVNV Funding LLC"

• Submitted: Sat, January 24, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, January 24, 2009

• Reported By:Castaic California
"CBCS" Or "Resurgent Capital Services" Or "LVNV Funding LLC"
Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.

"CBCS" Or "Resurgent Capital Services" Or "LVNV Funding LLC" Fraudulent Attempt to Collect a Fictitious Debt Columbus Ohio

In December 2008, I received a "Settlement Offer" from CBCS stating that I had a past due account (Original Creditor Account listed as #7GC16107) and they were authorized to offer a settlement if I agreed to pay 50% of the current balance.

I called the 888 number and spoke to a man named Abdel. I inquired about the original debt and he stated that it was from an unpaid debt to MCI from an address that I have not lived at since 2000. He knew all of my addresses from then to now and all of my phone numbers. I told him that I would look into the matter and call back, which I did not.

I have received a second letter dated January 20, 2009 demanding that the balance of $108.94 be paid in full. They are calling my house twice a week requesting that I pay the balance.

I do not owe any money to MCI (which is now defunct). I never received any notice of a past due balance from MCI. I was a customer of MCI when I moved from that address to my next address. My credit score is excellent. I have no history of unpaid debt.

I am seeking information of available action to pursue this fraudulent activity.

Castaic, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2009 07:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CBCS-Or-Resurgent-Capital-Services-Or-LVNV-Funding-LLC/Columbus-Ohio-43216/CBCS-Or-Resurgent-Capital-Services-Or-LVNV-Funding-LLC-Fraudulent-Attempt-to-Collect-415600. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on "CBCS" Or "Resurgent Capital Services" Or "LVNV Funding LLC"