Complaint Review: CBCS - Resurgent Capital Services

• Submitted: Thu, March 06, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, March 06, 2008

• Reported By:Holyoke Massachusetts
CBCS - Resurgent Capital Services
PO Box 69 Colombus, Ohio U.S.A.

CBCS - Resurgent Capital Services *SETTLEMENT OFFER* Colombus Ohio

So, it's nice to see that some people are paying attention, right? How much money is this fraudulent company making on individuals that don't know any better?

This evening, I too opened a nice letter from supposed CBCS stating I owed HFN-Southwestern Bell Mobile a wopping $841.07 but could settle for $420.54...oh please, can I? Seriously--timing is everything. I JUST ran my free annual credit reports from all 3 credit bureaus last night, so I had knowledge on my side. Came into my home office, googled them and voila, I found all of you here receiving the same gift. Can you believe this? I have never had a mobile phone from Southwestern Bell--nor have I ever had an account with ANY phone company reach a level of $800...good lord!

It seems like more postings have been done on this site agains them since the end of February 2008...my letter is dated from February too. How are they getting our information? I requested to be removed from public viewings of my credit report and receiving credit offers via mail months ago...so what now? Take time out of my day to write a letter, send it out, pay to verify delivery just to document that I dispute their claim and they can bite me?

Hokie did what?? I don't think so...
Holyoke, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2008 09:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CBCS-Resurgent-Capital-Services/Colombus-Ohio-43216/CBCS-Resurgent-Capital-Services-SETTLEMENT-OFFER-Colombus-Ohio-315514. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CBCS - Resurgent Capital Services