Complaint Review: CBCS

• Submitted: Mon, February 13, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, February 13, 2006

• Reported By:Saint Paul Minnesota
PO Box 182573 Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.

CBCS - Comcast Collections Ripoff harrassment Columbus Ohio

Today I received a collections notice from CBCS on behalf of Comcast Cable Company. I called CBCS to ask for further details, seeing as I ended service with Comcast four years ago. When I called I explained that I didn't know what this was in regards to. The individual I spoke with stated that the collections was for phone service - which I have never had with Comcast. When I advised the individual he stated that he would need to pass my call on to his supervisor because he couldn't help me. The next person on the phone asked me quite a few personal questions in order to identify me. I stated that I had already answered those question. The supervisor became quite irate and stated she could not help me if I did not answer the questions - so for the second time in less than 2 minutes I answered her questions. When I explained the situation to her she stated that there was nothing I could except pay the bill. She was quite rude and as such I started to tape the phone call - which from the state I was calling from is legal. She stated she would not speak to me if I taped the call and hung-up the phone. A couple minutes later I called back and the individual I spoke with this time stated that I was harrassing them and that she would report me to the local police for phone harrassment. She then hung-up the phone. So I am left with no information, and Comcast claims they do not know why I owe them money. So after three dreadful contacts with this agency I still don't know what I owe money for. If anyone can help I sure would appreciate it.

Saint Paul, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2006 07:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CBCS/Columbus-Ohio-43218-2522/CBCS-Comcast-Collections-Ripoff-harrassment-Columbus-Ohio-176123. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CBCS